The Morning After

A/N
See evil author lady didn't leave you hanging. I know from the readers side how it feels to be left hanging so no I'll be good 😀

~~~VANESSA'S POV~~~

I paced the hallway for what seemed like hours as I listened to my daughter cry in one room and my husband fight for his life in the other. I couldn't bare to go in to Dania's room at the moment, and I was grateful when Renee, Jasmine, and Pippa arrived. I sent them in there to be with her so Chris could come out to be with me. He hugged me tightly and then walked with me as we waited. I heard the girls finally get Dania settled down with their singing and I hoped that she would sleep, she needed that so badly right now.

"Mrs Miranda" a doctor said which brought me back out of my thoughts. I nodded "Let's sit and talk alright?" Once I was seated he continued "Your husband sustained several blows to the head while in captivity. Those caused a brain bleed which is what caused him to convulse. We think we've gotten that under control but will have to monitor that very closely. Along with bumps, bruises, cuts, and scrapes he also sustained damage to his vocal cords. We are not saying he will never go back on stage, it's just it may be a month or more before he can return to what he loves. I know that is going to be difficult for him as his show opens in right at a week. We've already gotten calls from all sorts of voice doctors wanting to work with him, Alex Lacamoire has given us his choice and if you agree we'll call the guy in tomorrow."

I sighed heavily as I listened to them tell me that my husbands dream may have just died because of a senseless act of violence. Chris looked as shell shocked as I did but he took my hand to reassure me. I sighed ''Please call this doctor in immediatly. If Alex highly recommended this person, then I believe he is the right person for my husband. I have faith that my husband will be back on that stage where he belongs. He has yet to let anything stop him and I doubt this will for long. When will we be moving them upstairs?"

"In just a few minutes" the doctor replied. "We have rooms adjoining on the fifth floor and we put a bed in there for you to stay the night. I don't see you wishing to leave anytime soon."

I nodded "That is correct. I also ask a bed to be put in my daughters room just in case someone wishes to spend the night with her. Chris Jackson, Renee Goldsbery, Jasmine Jones, Pippa Soo, and Skye Jackson are all allowed to stay along with my husbands parents. They are all our second family and have seen us through so much. I don't think I could've gotten through this night without them."

The doctor nodded "I will see that it is noted on their charts. Now I must go get those orders placed."

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

I awoke the next morning with a massive headache. I groaned and immediatly was hit with a sense of being watched. I looked over and smiled "Hey Skye, did you sleep here last night? Where's my mami?"

"I most certainly did" she replied grinning. "They didn't want you to be by yourself and I offered to take the first night. Jazz is coming tonight and then the rest will trade off until you get to go home. As to your Mami.."

"I'm right here baby girl" Vanessa said coming over to where I could see her. She kissed my forehead "How are you today? Do you need anything?"

"Headache medicine" I replied wincing as my head continued to throb. "Maybe some pizza and see if Thayne can sneak me in some cookies."

"I will see what we can do about that" she promised. "Your Papi is still asleep but when he wakes up again I'll roll you in to see him. He woke up during the night and asked about you."

"Is he okay Mami?" I asked urgently. "He was hurt really bad by those people and I want to make sure he's okay" I whispered as tears began to fall yet again.

"Shhhh...baby girl listen he will be fine" she promised. "Right now he just needs to rest, like you do. Rest and the medicine they give you will make you better in no time. Then we will get to go to that premiere we all have fabulous dresses for" she said trying to make light of things.

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

An hour later I was wheeled into the room next door where Lin was laying in bed propped up by millions of pillows. We both began to cry when we saw each other. Thanks to a kind orderly I was put into his bed a few moments later. I rested my head on his shoulder "I love you Papi. I know your not supposed to talk. I just wanted to came love on you" I whispered wiping at the tears falling from his eyes.

Vanessa smiled as she took the picture of the two of us. The doctors allowed me to stay in his room for the better part of the day. I even got the chance to try and get him to eat his supper. He made a terrible face when they brought him all mashed up food where as mine was a nice piece of chicken.

I chuckled lightly "I would trade with you but then I'd get in trouble with the big doctor boss. Come on Papi you gotta eat something so you can get strong and show the fans we can beat this."

Finally at that he took a few bites of food which earned a big smile from Mami. She chuckled "You two make quiet a pair. I love you both."