Key to my heart

I had been out of the hospital almost a month when I got a very special surprise. Skye had arranged it with my parents. She had set up something special for just the two of us on our own private roof top garden.

"Good morning sunshine" she said as she walked into my room. She was carrying a tray of fruit and smiling "Up and at them. We are having a stay home date today thanks to your wonderful parents. They are vacating the house for a few hours with Sebastian so we can spend a little bit of time together."

I grinned as I pulled her into a quick kiss. I then got slowly up out of bed and went into the bathroom to get dressed. She chuckled as Skye threw her  a dress that was loose around the middle "Thanks. I wasn't even thinking about what to wear."

Once i was dressed i allowed Skye to lead me up to the rooftop area. There was a table set up with delicious breakfast foods. Skye put the tray of fruit on a side table. She smiled "How are you feeling?"

"Better or at least not in as much pain" I replied as I ate a bite of scrambled eggs. "Mostly it's just now when I move too fast or Sebastian sits in the wrong spot. We've worked out a system now so that he can sit on my lap."

"He is so damn cute" she chuckled as she ate some of the fruit. "Maybe one day you and I will be lucky enough to have a son just like him. I mean that is if you want kids aside from Ryan."

I chuckled "So we're back to our future are we. Of course I want kids, 4 of them to be exact. Ryan and 3 other children and it doesn't matter if we have htem or adopt them. We will live here in NYC and both work in the area. I'll be off doing musicals''

"And I will be off being the best orchestra member ever. I also will be writing and composing the stuff that we collaborate on. I have gotten so much insight just spending time with Alex" she admitted.

"See we both now know what we want to do in life and what we want our home life to be. I want a marriage and life just like my parents. Maybe not exactly but pretty damn close."

She chuckled "No one can be your dad, that's for sure. He is a one of a kind original. You got lucky in that respect. I mean I can see so much of him in you now that the truth is out. So many things make more sense."

I nodded "Honestly you are right. After I got past the shock of it all, I realized just how much things were put into perspective. I can see over the last 15 years of my life where things I said and did come from. He influenced my life well before I even knew him."

We continued to talk as we ate our breakfast and enjoyed the view. Once we were done we cleaned up our mess and headed back inside. Skye sat down at the piano and began to play around as I put our dishes in the sink. I sat down beside her and smiled "What you working on?"

She shrugged "I've just had this melody playing around in my head. When I get the words down I will let you know. I asked Alex about that one time and he said it is crazy how something will stick with him until it makes sense. It's kinda funny how we both love to play around on the piano."

I nodded "Exactly. We will definitely be a bore at parties that's for sure. Want to watch a movie? I'm in the mood for maybe August Rush or Mr Holland's Opus today."

I laughed lightly "How'd you know I've been craving watching August Rush again? That movie gets to me every time."

We curled up on the couch together as we watched the movie. We both were crying by the end of it. We sat holding each other as the credits rolled. As we were about to get up Skye moved first "Hold up."

"Umm okay" I said watching her get up off the couch and hurry to her bag. "What's up buttercup?"

"I have something I want to give you before Lin and Vanessa get home. Close your eyes okay?" she said and I obliged.

She walked over and placed something around my neck. My eyes snapped open and I gasped as I looked down at a beautiful silver key. I looked at her quizzically.

Skye held up the heart that the key went to. She smiled "It says 'You hold the key to my heart' and it's true. You will always hold the key to my heart as long as we are together."

I got up and gave her a kiss "I love it, it is so perfect. I love you so much!"

"And I love you" she replied as she returned the kiss. Just then the door opened and we broke apart "Hi Papi."

"Hi kiddo did you two enjoy your morning alone?" he asked and we both nodded. "Good I just came to see if you wanted to eat out for lunch. It would just be the three of us."

We both nodded "YES!"

A/N

I hope you guys enjoyed this sweet, fluffy chapter. I wanted to do something cute with the two of them before they left for vacation. Also here is a picture of the Necklace

 Also here is a picture of the Necklace