Showtime

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

I watched as my dresser got my clothes out for act I. I had nerves, I never had them until today. What if my voice faltered, I couldn't think about that. I had to be strong for my family, for the cast, and for the fans. I had shouldered my way through the nightmares, the tremors, and through therapy. I had become stronger than that but still in the back of my mind the what if's lingered.

I smiled when Dania and Vanessa entered my room a little time later. Both were dressed to the nines befitting opening night. I hugged them both and smiled "You put me to shame at how beautiful you both are. My parents have already headed downstairs and are waiting for Katie to arrive. Dania you should head downstairs with Skye and wait with them. I want a few moments alone with Vanessa okay?"

I nodded and rolled myself out the door. I smiled knowing that they wanted a few moments of couple time before the chaos began.

"Did you and Chris get the stuff set up for after the show?" Vanessa asked me as soon as the door closed. "Dania was getting worried that something might've happened but then she saw the Ham4Ham stuff you guys did. Luckily she didn't put the time difference into consideration."

I nodded grinning "Oh yes we got it all set up. Now our baby girl will get to enjoy the party just as much as we will. The busses will be departing thirty minutes after the show for the pier. I cannot tell you how excited/nervous I am for tonight."

"I know" she said fiddling with my hair. "You are going to kill it! The world has been waiting for this moment and I know you have as well. This is the beginning of the next chapter of our life." She gave me a kiss that would linger with me long after the show ended tonight.

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~~

"I swear my parents are up to something" I said jokingly as Skye, Katie, and I sat in our seats waiting for the show to begin. All around us big name celebrities and their guests were filling the seats. I even saw the Roots come in and take seats a few rows ahead of us. I loved their music thanks to Anthony's CD he had given me in the hospital. "I wish you both could join us for the after party but Papi said I was the only exception to the rule."

Skye smiled "Hey it's okay! We have all this weekend to hang out for a slumber party before school starts Monday."

"Ugh don't remind me" Katie said making a face. "I am not looking forward to getting up at the crack of dawn again. At least we all have a few classes together and can always hang out at lunch."

"Yep" I said grinning. "High school won't be so bad with friends like you two there. I just hope the teachers won't make a big deal of me being in a wheelchair."

Katie shrugged "I remember a couple years ago there was a boy in a wheelchair for a while. The teachers then seemed to pander to him and he hated it. Maybe it will be different in high school."

Before I could say anything else the lights flickered signaling 5 minutes until curtain. Mami came rushing up right after that smiling and trying hard to smooth her dress. I chuckled "Did you and Papi have a nice grownup chat after I left?"

"Yes we did" she laughed happily as she took her seat beside me. She kissed my head "You are going to love this kiddo. Your dad has something planned so don't act too shocked okay?"

"Crap now that's never a good way to start a show" Skye chuckled and Katie joined in on the laughter. I just blushed a deep crimson as the lights began to dim to signal the start of the show.

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

I stood on the side of the stage waiting for my first entrance cue. I could see Vanessa from this vantage point and she flashed me a thumbs up. I took a deep breath and took my place and got a thunderous standing ovation when the spotlight hit me. I finally got my line out and the song continued but I could just feel how electric the crowd was.

With each song the crowd grew in it's excitement. They laughed with us, cried with us, and made the first act the best it's ever been. I actually cried real tears during the Laurens interlude after Dear Theodosia, it just hit too close to home this night. Non-stop brought us full circle to the end of act one. Leslie and I even ad-libbed some to make it more fun for the audience. I think Alex was in the pit having to fight from yelling at us as he tried to keep up. The crowd went wild as soon as I said "I'm not throwing away my shot" and the lights went out.

"This crowd is on fire" Chris said as we walked off the balcony and into the main area. "They seem to just grow with intensity with each number. I wonder what the cabinet battles are going to be like" he chuckled as we both guzzled down what felt like gallons of water.

"Just stop going off script!!!" Alex said coming up to us both with my family close behind. "You two had me going crazy during that last number. Good thing you and groff don't have a number together or tonight might not end!"

"Oh I'm sure I can arrange that" I teased but they knew I was kidding. I hugged Dania and gave Vanessa a kiss. I grinned "So what did you guys think?"

"AMAZING" Dania exclaimed grinning. "I swear the people around us were commenting on just how good the acting was. You guys nailed the first act, I don't think anyone was disappointed in how it went down."

Vanessa nodded "She's right, the buzz outside is all good! They love seeing you back in your element. Looks like we have to go back" she sighed as we noticed the house lights flash.

"I'll see you both in a bit" I promised giving hugs and kisses again. I watched them walk off and smiled "They have no idea the surprise I have planned."

Chris nodded "Man this is going to be legit the best opening night ever on Broadway!"

The second act was even more energized then the first act. Daveed got even more into Jefferson than he normally has. You could tell that he was feeling the effects of the audience this night. Our cabinet battles would go down in Hamilton history as the most craziest yet. I literally thought Chris was going to have to break us up. When Jonathan took his place for "I know him" we all stood in the wings watching. We made silly faces trying to crack him up and it happened right at the end and we all burst into laughter.

During "Blow us all away" Chris came up to me and smiled "It's going to be okay man. I know this is going to be the hardest part yet. Just remember that this is on stage...not in real life."

I nodded "I know man but after all that has happened it hits too close to home." I smiled as Pippa took and squeezed my hand, I squeezed it back just as Phillip was shot. It was now or never.

"Where's my son" I said running out onto the stage to begun the run for the end. Tonight every word and phrase made me think of what happened. It made me somehow stronger though. It made me realize that I had so much to be thankful for. When Pippa took my hand at the end of "It's quiet uptown" I felt myself release all the pent up tension from the past weeks. I felt like life was going to finally be okay again.

As the show wound down to the big climatic duel I found myself thinking of what came next. What words I wanted to impart to the audience as a thank you. I smiled at the thought of surprising my family and the fans. As soon as we began "Who lives, who dies, who tells your story" I saw two ushers make their way to the side of the stage. The plan was now in place.

A/N

I seriously hope what I have planned for the final part to Opening Night makes sense. I am NOT posting it tonight. I want to actually sleep on it and make sure it is perfect. Thanks for being such great fans, I love hearing from you guys!