Magic Kingdom

Today was all about visiting the Magic Kingdom so Sebastian could ride the choo-choo train as much as his heart desired. Because of his height he couldn't ride the other mine train ride so we had decided to skip that section all together. I would go there when Skye joined us in a few days. 

We got off the monorail after thanking the driver for letting Sebastian look in the place where he drives. He gave Sebastian a monorail co-pilot liscense and we immediatly put it in his special autograph book. We went through security and headed to town hall to meet our tour guide for the day. Because of Papi's popularity we knew that a tour guide would be the best way to go.

"Hi I'm Bru, you must be the Miranda family" she said smiling at us. She was about my height which was only 5 feet dead even but she was certainly older than 15. She had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Her smile was infectious. "I have been with Walt Disney World for the past 10 years but have been coming to Disney since I was a little girl."

"That's really cool" I said smiling at her. "So what do we do first?"

"CHOO CHOO" Sebastian said as we heard the train approaching the train station.

"Well the train it is" Bru chuckled as she led us up the exit of the train station. We got to meet the conductor and see the inside of the engine. He also gave Sebastian a train driver's liscense which we promptly put in his book. We then took up the bench seat behind the engine. Sebastian was sitting on my lap in the middle while Mami and Papi were on either side of us. We took the train on the complete loop around the Magic Kingdom. We got off with a little protest from Sebastian but promise of popcorn got him happy and quick.

We grabbed popcorn from a cart at the bottom of the train station and some bottled water. It was then that I noticed there were several characters out. Sebastian saw Chip and Dale and started toddling toward them. I chuckled "I guess he's not afraid of characters."

Papi scooped him up and placed him in the stroller as we followed Bru over to the line. We were the last family to get to see Chip and Dale. Papi filmed the entire thing as Sebastian ran up and gave them both hugs and they played a game of trains with him. I brought up our autograph books for them to sign and then got pictures. It would seem that the chipmunks knew who Papi was because they insisted that he get in the picture too.

"That was so much fun" I decided as we moved down mainstreet toward the castle. A show was going on at the stage but we decided we'd see it another day. We had 3 days planned for the Magic Kingdom so today was all about what Sebastian wanted to do. We headed into Fantasyland via the walkway between the castle and tomorrowland. Mami sat out at the teacups but Sebastian, myself, Papi, and Bru spun ourselves silly. We even got a picture of us sitting in the teacup thanks to Bru.

Next we headed to the great goofini(I probably mispelled this LOL) ride. We had discovered that Sebastian had just hit the right height for this ride. Papi and Sebastian rode in one car while I rode with Bru in the next car. We got to ride this one several times before we all needed a restroom break.

Afterwards we headed inside the big tent where there was character meet and greets going on. We got a chance to meet several of the characters but Sebastian was more interested in the toys that were on sale. I made mental note of the ones he was most interested in to get on our last day.

After that we headed toward The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and the planned surprise. We decided to do it day one so that Papi would get why Mami wasn't doing any intense rides. We rode the ride first while Bru went to set up the surprise. Once the ride was over we headed to the Ariel meet and greet.

We were the last group to be let in. I had made sure earlier to slip on the shirt that Mami had made for Sebastian to wear for the photo. I was Disney bounding as Ariel for the day so I wasn't going to wear a matching shirt. I did have a sign though that I grabbed out of my backpack. Sebastian was enamored with Ariel and Ariel was enamored with Sebastian. She couldn't get over the fact that her crab friend and my brother shared the same name. I told her how much Lin loved the movie.