Crazy Day

I will never forget yesterday for as long as I live. I can only imagine what my parents thought when they got the phone call. I watched Sebastian sleep in my arms and sighed thinking back on the last 24 hours.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

I had the day off from the show and Lin and Vanessa had decided to take me up on the offer and leave town for the day. I was going to watch Sebastian while they were gone. I fed him breakfast and then we sat down to watch Chuggington. I smiled as he fell asleep beside me halfway through the show. I picked him up and carried him to his bed.

I was in the kitchen making our lunch when I heard him waking up. I went in and found him standing up in his crib. I chuckled as I picked him up "You ready for lunch? I made your favorite sandwhich."

I sat him in his high chair and put the sandwhich cut into train shapes in front of him. I watched him like Vanessa always did, we didn't want him to choke. I turned to grab his juice cup when I heard him start to cough. I turned back around to find his face all splotchy and his eyes really big.

I picked him up immediatly and got what food I could out of his mouth. I couldn't tell if he was choking or having an allergic reaction to something. I had used all the stuff Mami had set out so I couldn't imagine what he was reacting to. When I couldn't get him to calm down and breath better I called 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My name is Dania Miranda and I live at @#!E$@. My little brother is either choking or having an allergic reaction to something. He is only 1 and a half years old. I am babysitting him while my parents are out of town for the day."

"We are sending an ambulance right away. Have you tried the himleich maneuver?"

"Yes I have and I dislodged some food. His face is still splotchy and his eyes are blood shot. He is having trouble catching his breath but I'm not sure if it's the reaction or him crying so hard. Please hurry, I don't want him to die."

The dispatcher stayed on the phone with me until the ambulance arrived less than 5 minutes after I had called. I watched them begin to work on Sebastian, he was so tiny lying on that stretcher. He was now screaming more than anything and they wouldn't let me pick him up. I instead stood beside the stretcher holding the hand that they had put an IV in.

"Ma'am have you called your parents yet?" one of the paramedics asked

"I called their cellphone but both of them are out of town right now. I left them both messages and I am sure they will meet us at the hospital. Just please help my brother" I pleaded.

The guy nodded "Of course. It would seem you holding his hand is keeping him calm. I'm sorry you can't hold him right now but we have to be able to work on him. We are thinking it's an allergic reaction. Do you have what he ate so we can test it?"

I nodded and kissed Sebastian's forhead "Sissy will be right back. I need to go get something for these people." I ran back to the kitchen as I heard Sebastian start screaming again. I put all of the food into a plastic bag and brought it to the paramedic. He thanked me and put it in a special container.

The ride to the hospital was the longest ride I have ever taken. Between Sebastian's pleas for me to hold him and the monitors going off I was on edge. All I wanted to do was pull him into my arms. I got a text message halfway through the ride from Chris saying that Papi was on his way to get Mami and they would meet us there.

When we arrived at the hospital we were ushered into a private room with a TV already on. I found the remote and turned it to cartoons knowing it would help keep Sebastian calm. I was really wishing I could find a train show but I settled with Mickey Mouse.