A day out

I was awoken today by a frantic call from Skye. I turned over looking at my clock "Skye it's 5 am. Papi and I are going out for breakfast at 8 am, could this not wait until then?"

"I GOT MY PERIOD" she shouted at me through the phone. "I'm not pregnant Dania! I had to tell you now, I couldn't wait."

"Oh thank god!" I sighed rubbing my eyes. "We will have to celebrate tomorrow, before the show. I love you but I really need some more sleep."

"Okay get some rest, I love you too" she said as we hung up.

Two hours later I was awoken by rent blasting from right outside my room. I jumped almost a foot as Lin walked into my room "TIme to get up kiddo. We have to leave in less than an hour. Make sure to dress comfortably."

I nodded as I threw on my favorite Les Mis shirt and some shorts. I grabbed my shoes and headed downstairs. I smiled as I passed Sebastian watching TV "See you later buddy."

He smiled at me but didn't tkae his eyes off the screen. I walked into the kitchen humming wait for it. Papi looked up and smiled "Good choice in musicals kiddo. Are we ready to go?"

I nodded grabbing my bag "Where are we going? I mean you said dress casually."

"I'm not telling you yet" he chuckled "but I promise it will be fun! We are taking the subway though so stick close."

We made it up to midtown to a place I had only heard about before. It was a diner that only specialized in breakfast foods. I got excited just walking in the door with all the delicious aromas.

"I can't decide between the steak and eggs OR the ham and cheese omelette extreme" I chuckled as I glanced over the menu. I sighed "What are you getting Papi?"

"I am going to try the breakfast sampler" he replied grinning. ''We will have to bring your Mami and Sebastian here sometime soon."

I nodded "Maybe after mami gets past her morning sickness. How is she feeling anyway? I worry about all this stress of leading up to your final show Papi. I don't want her to get to overworked."

He sighed "I know kiddo but she is doing okay. The doctor is monitoring her closely like they did with Sebastian. She will be just fine" he promised "now no more sad talk. We have more fun in store today."

I nodded and finished eating. After we left we headed to the subway and to the Bronx. He smiled "Have you ever been to the Bronx zoo before?"

I shook my head "Never. Al & Sandy didn't have the time to take me. I went to zoos when I was little but it's been a long time."

"Well it's high time we fixed that. Plus we can see what all Sebastian might enjoy when we take him after I finish with Hamilton. I plan to do many more outtings once the show is done. Ah here we are" he said as we made our way to the entrance. The nice clerk actually knew who he was and refused to accept any payment. We went through the entrance and grabbed a map.

I looked at the map and smiled "I think we should start clockwise and see what we can see in our alloted time. Do we have to be somewhere later?"

"We have at least 4 hours to explore the zoo before we need to make our way home. Is there any ONE thing we must see for sure?" he asked.

I nodded "Monkeys and Gorillas, I've always been fascinated with them. They are near the Giraffe's which I know you like. Why don't we head that way and see what might peak our interest."

He nodded and we began walking around the zoo taking in all the sites. We were actually pretty much left alone because most people were too busy with the exhibits. I steered him away from the birds and he looked at me oddly.