All's Well

A/N

Trigger warning because it is an intense chapter.

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

We got to the school in record time and found police barricades up all over the place. We found where they had set up headquarters and hurried inside.

"Whoa where you guys going?" A man with a clipboard and earpiece asked.

"I'm Lin Manuel Miranda and this is Chris Jackson. We have children who are still inside the school. My wife called me and told me to come here" I explained. "What happened?"

"I'm Lietuant Marshall" a man said coming over to meet with us. "Today at about 11 am two students went into the cafeteria and started shooting. Only two of the hostages so far have been hurt. The bullets missed most of the people as the kids seemed to be untrained. They right now have 6 students and 2 teachers held inside the cafeteria. Dania and Skye are unharmed but Dania was the main target."

"Did they say why?" I said in disbelief. "She has never been trouble to anyone. She is kind and sweet and.."

"Let him talk" Chris sighed putting his hand on my arm.

"The oldest of the two boys claims Dania was getting all kinds of special treatment. That until she came to the school he was the top dog around here. It would seem something happened at the Halloween party and it set him off" he explained.

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

My chair was all the way across the cafeteria from where I currently was. Derek and his buddy Gordon had shoved me out of my chair and then dragged me to the center of the room. Skye was over with Coach Gelding tending to one of the victims. The other was holding his arm and wincing in pain against the far wall. I didn't know why they were doing this and I was scared that we would be next to be hurt or worse.

''SHUT YOUR CRYING" Derek screamed at one of the other freshmen who was in the cafeteria with us. "I'LL PUT A BULLET IN YOU NEXT. I'M SAVING THE LAST ONE FOR THIS BITCH RIGHT HERE" he said rougly grabbing me by the hair.

"Derek please stop!" I begged. "Leave everyone else alone. I'll do whatever you want, just leave them alone. You want me to pay, make me pay." At this moment I really wished I could kick him but I couldn't control leg movements. All I could do was lay here helpless and I was tired of that!

"I warned you if you went to anyone there would be consequences" he growled. "My father laid into me heavily this morning because your mother called on me. We had already planned part of this at the party and after what you did this was perfect!"

"But why? What did I ever do to you?" I asked. I also happened to notice movement out of the corner of my eye. It would seem the police might try something.

"I was the STAR of the school, the big man on campus" he snapped. "When you came along with your wheelchair sob story everyone fell in love with you. I was pushed to the back burner, no one cared about me anymore. Even in theater where I excelled, you took over. I was a nobody like I was in 7th grade and I wasn't going to have that again. I wanted the school to remember me as the great DEREK not the weak little dick as most now call me."

"Your going to end up in jail for this" one of the other boys in the room yelled. "What kind of legacy is that?"

"Shut your face Lee" he growled "or I'll shut it for you."

"Let everyone else go" I pleaded. "It's me you want, they are unimportant. Just you and me to finish this out. I promise not to leave. Plus Melody and Cash need help, if they died you would be in a fuck of a lot more trouble."