Easter

I was awoken Easter morning by Sebastian shoving a basket in my face. I looked at him curiously "What's up buddy?"

"BUNNY" he squealed and took off out of my room. I got up and put on my bunny slippers and headed down to the living room to see what all the fuss was about.

When I got to the living room I was surprised to find a huge basket overflowing with candy waiting for me. I saw that Sebastian had gotten one as well but his had more trains than anything. I also got a huge stuffed rabbit to join my other two stuffies on my bed. I laughed "You really didn't have to do this."

"Who us? We didn't, the easter bunny did" Lin said laughing. "There is also an egg hunt AFTER breakfast! The rest of the family will be here for a traditional Easter lunch and then we are going to the park for their egg hunt. Tonight is a surprise but annual tradition" he chuckled.

"Okay so how should I dress for the day?" I asked laughing as Sebastian tried to steal my big chocolate bunny. I broke him off an ear and I ate the other ear.

"Comfortable" Vanessa said smiling as she brought breakfast out to us from the kitchen. "You'll be helping us chase your brother all over the place at the park. Tonight is VERY casual, you'll see. Now everyone eat up!"

I realized a little too late that it wasn't a good idea to give Sebastian chocolate as he was bouncing up and down as we ate. I smiled apologetically at Mami and laughed at Papi "He is SO a mini you."

"I don't know what you are talking about" Lin smirked as he imitated Sebastian.

"Okay my two baby boys do I have to give you a nap now?" Vanessa said laughing

"NO" they both chorused and Sebastian settled down.

We got through breakfast without any more issues and we all chipped in to help clear up the mess. Once it was done Vanessa and Lin each handed us a basket.

"Okay so you each have 30 minutes to find as many eggs as possible. I'm going to help Sebastian since this is his first time" he chuckled.

"Sure give him the unfair advantage" I teased.

Vanessa shook her head "I am the only one who knows where they are hidden. I figured Lin would want to help Seb."

"Seems like a good plan" grinning I took off in search of eggs. I went upstairs first and found a bunch. I searched some downstairs as well until Vanessa said they had all been found. In all we both had found the same amount. I traded the candy with Lin as Sebastian wouldn't eat most of it.

After we ate some of the candy we played with the trains Sebastian had gotten while we waited for the family to arrive. Everyone brought food so it was a delicious Mexican meal with a lot of great conversation. Today I finally got to know Lin's sister better and I found out just how cool she was. I actually had a great time and was sad when they had to go.

"Come on kiddo it's time for the egg hunt in the park" Lin chuckled. "I think Luz will be joining us with her kids."

Sure enough Luz and her family, Renee and her family, plus several other people I recognized was at the park for the egg hunt. It was divided by age groups and the funny thing was there was a group for the over 12 years old. I hadn't hunted for eggs in years so this was bound to be fun. There was several prize eggs in our field and I was determined to find that one. There was also a prize for the most eggs find, a gift card to Sardi's for our age group!

When the whistle was blown I took off at a fast pace even though I was still slower than most of the others in my group. I didn't discriminate between eggs, I just picked up as many as I could and put it in the plastic bag provided. I felt for sure I had gotten at least one of the prize eggs but didn't take time to check. When time was called we all headed off the field to count our eggs and to see who had won.