New Beginnings

After the show we headed to the roof of the theater. Several tables and lots of chairs had been set up. Myself, Katie, and Skye grabbed three chairs near the edge where we could see Times Square.

"I am so glad we aren't down in that mess" Katie chuckled as we looked down on the sea of people. "I don't really get why it is still so popular."

"Like many things it has a loyal following" I chuckled. "It's a once in a lifetime experience for most people. I'm rather happy to miss out on the craziness."

Lin came up behind us laughing "I see you like to people watch too. Last year I went upstairs at our apartment and did the same thing. It's crazy what a difference a year makes."

"You got that right" I said smiling as he gave me a hug. "Papi do you think we'll still be here next year?"

"I am not sure kiddo" he said kising my head. "Don't you worry though, wherever we are we will celebrate it in style."

We all sat talking and listening to the good music we could hear coming from down below. We mostly talked about what was going to happen once school started back up. I knew I would be surprising a lot of people when I came in the doors walking.

As midnight drew close couples found there way to each other. Both myself and Skye were holding hands looking out over the city. I could see Papi and Mami nearby and I know Katie was on the phone with Brady. We all began the countdown: 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At that moment Skye pulled me into her arms and gave me a kiss I wouldn't forget. I kissed her back as we just held each other. Someone ahemed and I smiled "Happy New Year Papi!"

"Happy New Year kiddo" he said giving me a hug. "We are all going to head back downstairs and hang out a bit. We aren't getting out of the area anytime soon" he chuckled.

We finally arrived home a little after 3 am and I was glad my friends were staying the night. We all crashed in my room and had plans to sleep in late. My time with Carol was to be around early afternoon and I was glad.

~~~NEXT AFTERNOON~~~

"Hey" I said as I walked into Carol's hotel room. Her mom had gone downstairs to give us some time together. "I am so glad I ran into you last night. Did you guys enjoy New Year's Eve here?"

"It was crazy to say the least" she said laughing. "We didn't get back here til almost 4 am. I slept in until noon. How was your party?"

"I slept til noon as well" I smiled "and it was fun. We hung out on the roof of the theater and watched the people below. We could hear the music from up there which was really cool!"

"I'm so glad you've made such great friends and have such a great family. Do you miss your old life at all?"

"Somedays I miss the friends I had before I moved to New York" I admitted. "I certainly don't miss the life I had here in New York til Lin adopted me. That was the worst time of my life. I got very lucky when he found me."

"Yes you did, not many are that lucky" she chuckled. "Do you think you'll ever move back? Your the only one who has ever gotten away from that small town."

I shrugged "I doubt it. I mean Lin is a pretty big deal here and I doubt he'd want to move to Texas. I am sure we can come visit, I would love to show him all my old haunts. Is Mrs. Murphy still teaching dance lessons?"

"Yep! Henry is still running the movie theater and Mabel still owns the best beauty shop in town" she chuckled. "Nothing's changed there, you've just changed."

Shrugging I sighed "That's not always a bad thing. We all have to grow up sometime and I just grew up quicker than most. Maybe you could come back this summer and visit? I am sure Lin wouldn't mind."

"We'll see" she said smiling. "Maybe you could come visit us in Texas over spring break, I mean if you guys aren't too busy."

"I'll ask Lin about that" I said grinning. We talked for another hour before her mom returned saying they had to pack as the plane left later that night. I gave them both tight hugs and promised to call.

"So how did it go?" Lin asked when I got in the car.

"Really good but I am glad I am here" I said laughing. "Being around her again reminded me how much I didn't miss Texas. Do you think we could go visit there over spring break though? That way you can see where I came from."

"I will have to check the schedule" he replied. "We might can only do a quick trip, would that be okay?"

I nodded "Sure! It's a small town so there's not much to see anyway. I think you'll get bored after a few hours."

"If it's where you came from I am sure we'll find it interesting" he grinned.

A/N

Sorry it took so long with this, been a crazy past 24 hours! I am hoping to have a diary part up today at some point :)