The Grammy's

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

I hadn't realized until Lin said something but the anniversary of the car crash was a few days after the Grammy performance. I for now was just focusing on my part of the performance, I'd take the crash anniversary when it happened.

School had become a blur as well since we had a bunch of testing and the play was going to be the first week in March. We were now rehearsing both acts and it seemed that people were dropping like flies.

I was in a rush to head to dance practice one day in early February when the director stopped me. "Elise failed math this six weeks your in!" He said grinning.

"Wait...hold up?" I stammered. "I can't...I'm a lowly freshmen! They'll think your playing favorites. I won't know my cues in time..I have the Grammy performance" I rambled when he put his hands up.

"Hold up there girl!" He said laughing. "All your doing at the Grammy performance is dancing and I cleared this with your dad. Second you know this show inside and out. I have watched you from day one following Elise's cues and learning the movements we taught her. Third, so what that your a freshmen or related to someone famous! You are a great actress already, you proved it that day you stepped in for Elise and several times since. You deserve this chance to shine."

"Okay...okay I'll give it my best" I said grinning. "I really need to go though, we have a run through today before tonight's show."

We were in the middle of stretching when Papi came on the stage and got everyones attention.

"So I have two announcements" he said once everyone settled down. "One our newest cast member" he said pointing to me "will debut as Helena in the schools play at the beginning of March. The next piece of news is she closes on March 13 and we leave as soon as her show is done. We have to be in WASHINGTON,DC the next day to perform for the white house! More info on that to come."

When he was finished I was tackled in hugs and congratulations. Then someone realized the second part and there were screams of excitement. "Well this is one way to end my acting debut at school" I chuckled. "Do I get to go Papi or do I have to stay here and go to boring school?"

"Are you kidding me? This is the best history lesson anyone could've dreamed up. You are coming with us. IF we can clear it with the school Skye and possibly Katie get to come as well. Your history teacher is super jealous, just saying" he chuckled.

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

Being a part of the creative team had it's perks from time to time, I was privy to info long before the cast. I had been sitting on this white house thing for a few days but I wanted to not dampen the Grammy performance. We were only days away from it when I got a note from the school.

"Dania what is this about?" I asked as I walked into my dressing room where she was doing homework. "Your Spanish teacher is claiming you are failing her class and said you are cheating on your tests."

"I struggle in Spanish already" she shrugged. "I should be good at it being that it's my heritage but I suck. Still I am NOT failing that class nor am I cheating. She just doesn't like the fact that you are my father. She has said that on many occasions. She also doesn't like the fact that I am taking 2 days off of school to go to some dumb history lesson."

"Did she say that?" I sighed when she nodded "I think it's time I had a talk with Mrs. Cruz. I will email her back and set it up."

"Papi NO" she exclaimed looking rather mad. "If you step in, things will only get worse. Right now let's just focus on the Grammy's and then my school play. If things don't calm down then you can talk to Mrs Cruz okay?"