The after party

As we walked off the stage to thunderous applause we all hugged and cried together. We stayed backstage for a long time just talking before we realized we should get ready for the party. Katie and Skye joined me in the girls dressing room saying how the stage door was a madhouse. As a cast we all agreed that we should do a quick stage door to honor all those who had waited for so long to see the cast. Plus the party didn't have a start OR end time so we had all night.

As I put on my strappy sandals Lin knocked on the door "You girls ready? I have one last thing I need to do and I need my daughter.''

"She's all yours Lin" Renee called out as I waved bye to everyone. I walked out smiling "You look all fresh and ready to be rid of your tail. Is everyone else in your room?"

"Yep they are kiddo" he said putting his arms around my shoulders. We walked together in silence. I smiled as I saw everyone gathered around his dressing table "Okay so we're doing this" he said sitting down in front of the guy who always had cut his hair.

I watched in amazement as he transformed in front of my eyes. I was so used to seeing him with long hair that the short do surprised me at first. I smiled as he turned to face us "What do you guys think?"

Vanessa smiled "Like the man I married, not that you never did before. I just like you this way a bit better."

"You look different but I love it Papi" I said giving him a hug. "We probably should go, they might think we aren't coming."

He chuckled as he pulled us all out the door with him. We made our way through what was left of the fans at the stage door, which was still a good group. Once we got to the party venue I was mobbed by Katie and Skye who talked about walking out with the others and the mob that was outside before we left.

We moved around the party dancing in groups as the music was pumping. Even Papi took the stage at one point and smiled out at his family and friends.

"Thank you guys for putting up with me for the past several years. This was 8 years of my life that I will never forget. My daughter and son wasn't in my life when this ride started. Vanessa and I were dating when I presented the first song at the white house.  I was pushed by Tommy, Alex, and Andy pretty much every day of those 8 years to get this show on it's feet. Each one of you in this cast has given me amazing encouragement that has brought me to tonight. I know this show is in wonderful hands as I head off to my next great adventure. To Pippa I know your new show will be amazing. That cast has no idea what they are in for. To Ari, thank you for all your love and support. I am positive I will see you again my dear. To  Nick, man you are a beast. As you head off to  your next adventure always keep in touch. To Chris, man I have no words to express just how much you mean to me. I know for a fact I will see you again someday and we will have amazing stories to tell. Tonight is not goodbye forever, it's just see you on the other side. I love you all!"

And with that Lin took one last bow and walked off the stage to the band playing the west wing song again. Vanessa was the first to him and they embraced for quiet a while as they slow danced together. Afterwards the rest of the cast came by to speak to him and to give out hugs. I hung back with Katie and Skye as tonight wasn't my last night, I still had almost a month to go.

"Come here kiddo" Lin said after a little while. I walked over to him and he pulled me into his arms. I laughed as he began to dance me around the room "I never really get to dance with you."

I nodded "I know and maybe now you'll have more time. Maybe at my going away party we'll share several dances. I am getting a party right?"

He smirked "I'm not telling you our plan just yet. We have some ideas but we want it to be a surprise. Anyway are you going to be okay without me there every night?"

I nodded "Yes Papi I will be just fine. Javi will look out for me and so will Thayne and everyone else. I am going to have so much fun not having to worry about messing up and you yelling at me. "

"I never once yelled at you kiddo" he pointed out as we moved to join Vanessa and everyone else to watch the fireworks. This time I was fine because I was inside and they were outside. "I might have corrected you but it was totally out of love."

I nodded focusing more on the fireworks then his words. Soon Skye slipped her arms around me and held me as we swayed to some unheard music. I felt safe in her arms, safe as I could be at least. After the fireworks things began to wind down as people had things to do the next day. I was off so I was glad when Katie and Skye came back to the house for a sleepover.

A/N

The speech Lin gave was something I made up on the spot. I have NO clue if he said anything that night but I decided to improvise. Also I ended the chapter weird, sorry. I have a plan for the next day(s) and I didn't want to start something here and not finish it til the next chapter.