Chapter twenty four

Phil's pov

I sit frozen for an uncountable amount of hours. I feel lost and empty without Dan with me. I glance at the clock wearily and recoil in shook. It's so late! Dan has been gone for hours and hours. I begin to panic as I look out the window and see a storm raging. I pick up my phone and dial Dans number.

It rings

And rings.

I keep trying desperately and it just rings and rings with no answer. I bite back a sob and decide to ring Pj, just in case Dan went to see him. He picks up on the third ring. "Phil? Hello?" He asks. "Pj! Is Dan with you?" I reply hopefully. "No? Why? What's wrong?" I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a second. "He left...hours ago...I don't know where he is and he seemed so mad when he left and it's raining and..." I stop, gasping for breath, tears trickling down my face. "Phil calm down. It's okay. You search around outside of your house up the streets and stuff and me and Chris will ring around and check around where we are. We WILL find him don't worry." I almost cry again at how lovely he is. I thank him excessively before hanging up and grabbing my coat. I put it on and slip my phone into my pocket before locking the door behind me. As soon as I step out of Dans house the wind attacks me viciously. I shiver as the heavy rain soaks into my coat and leaks into my shoes. I have no idea where to go. I try to think myself into Dans shoes and stride forwards purposely. It is dark and the street lights flicker ominously. "Dan?" I call out my voice sounding thin and eerie. I wrap my arms around myself freezing cold and wishing I could turn back.

I walk on.

Chris's pov

"Mum!" I cry barely having time to tell pj "stay here!" Before I hurtle out the door and down the stairs. My mum stands by the door, her hair in rats tails and her coat soaked through from the storm outside. He face is tired and pained but she still manages to give me a dazzling smile. "Chris!" She grins opening her arms to hug me. I wrap my arms around her carefully knowing but not wanting to see, that there are bruises and cuts covering her body. She gives me a gentle squeeze before pulling back to look at me. "I'm sorry I was gone so long..." She mutters looking down so she doesn't have to meet my eyes. I don't reply I just nod silently. "But look!" She says attempting to be cheerful. "I got the child support money and all the other money he owes me back!" She says pulling out a large wad of money and fanning herself and me with it. "Mum. Every time you go and see him he beats you...I would rather we were poor." I say harshly. She flinches and pockets the money. "Right. Well Chris if you want us to live on the streets then I will stop visiting him." She snaps before turning and walking back to the kitchen. I clench my teeth to stop myself from crying and run up the stairs.I kick open the door in my frustration forgetting that Pj is here. He recoils from the door in surprise and looks up at me, his mouth a perfect O of surprise. I can't help myself but begin to sob. Pj hauls himself up from the floor and wraps his arms around me. "What's wrong?" He murmurs into my hair drawing circles onto my back soothingly. I shake my head into his chest signalling that I don't want to talk about it and he doesn't press the issue further. "Chris," he says after a while of just holding each other. "Phil called and said that he's a bit worried about Dan and he doesn't know where he is. He asked us to help him look for him. He is looking around Dans house and in the surrounding area and I said we would ring around and see if anyone knows and then check my house and nearby areas to see if we can find him okay? But if you don't want to come...or you can't come I can go on my own?" I pull back and look at him and see the worry in his eyes for the first time. "No of course!" I exclaim "I will help you look! Where do you want to start?"

Phil's pov

My body is as cold and frozen as ice. I feel like I have been walking forever and I am panicking a little bit because I really don't want to get lost. I see an alleyway near me and I cross the road hastily. I will be no use to Dan if I'm stabbed in a shady alley.

Dan will be nothing if he gets stabbed in a shady alley.

I peer across the road fearfully. Should I check just in case? I push my numb fingers into my coat pocket and retrieve my phone. I turn on the flash light on the back and shine it into the alley. It is dirty and graffitied. I am about to turn away when I see something moving near the back. I freeze in terror before cautiously shining the light in the direction of the movement.

It's Dan.

Crumpled and face down on the ground.

-An IMSORRYIMSORRYIMSORRY

I'm sorry firstly that this is so late D: but I accidentally deleted the chapter and had to write it again which was a nightmare

And secondly I'm sorry for leaving it on a cliffhanger...I know you lot hate that c; I will update soon (I mean it this time.) also HAPPY EASTER :D c:

Please comment and vote

Other stories: magnets (can be found on my profile) and Phan oneshots (can also be found on my profile)

Twitter: @phandomdanosaur

thank you c: -an-