Chapter 54

Zoe's POV:

  "This is it?" I ask softly, staring up at the huge building in front of us.

  Kyoya nods his head. "This is the address that was given."

"Hm." I hum, still looking at the building. We stand there in silence for a few minutes before I break it.

"I never thought she would be at a church..." I mumble, looking it over once again. The church itself looked like a grey castle. It even had grey stoned steps and it was decorated with beautiful pink, red and yellow flowers. If I wasn't so upset at the moment, I would be a bliss with how calm and inviting it looked.

 If I wasn't so upset at the moment, I would be a bliss with how calm and inviting it looked

I glance over at Kyoya as he fixes his glasses, giving the church a good once-over as well.

"Yes, well, Grace City Church is a very well know place for celebrities who are very religious..." he informs.

I nod my head and look back at the building. "Yeah. But she wasn't..."

"Zoe." Kyoya says seriously, turning towards me. "Are you sure you want to see her?"

"Yes." I say instantly.

"If you're not, it's alright. You just talked to-"

"Don't." I say, looking over at him. "Don't say his name. I got the answers I wanted from him, so I'm done. Now I can get the rest from her."

He stares at me for a few seconds before sighing and looking away. "Very well."

I unconsciously grab his hand, feeling slightly bad. I know he's just looking out for me, but it's something that I want- no, what I need to know. I need to know why she did this to me. Why she sold me to Akuma. Why she keeps in touch with him.

Why she stopped loving me.

I hum and turn my head, walking towards the building. Kyoya walks beside me as we enter the church. As soon as we do, we are immediately met with a small crowed of people. Some where dressed up in frilly hats and heals and some where just in simple black dresses as well as men wearing dark suits with different colored ties.

Aside from Kyoya, who is wearing a suit, I must stick out like a sore thumb with my dark green baggy jeans, long sleeve black shirt an black sneakers.

"Who do we talk to?" I whisper to him as we walk further in.

Kyoya glances around before we spot a man wearing an all black suit with a white color. He must be the pastor.

Kyoya puts his hand on my back, glancing at me. "Stay here."

I nod my head as he walks over to him. I watch as the pastor turns toward Kyoya and shakes his hand, a kind smile of his wrinkled face. He looks like a nice man and he looks like he had a happy life, the wrinkles around his mouth shows that he always laughed, or smiled.