Chapter 13

Third person POV:

   Nowaki groans as his alarm clock goes off. He reaches his arm over his lover and shuts it off, slightly irritated that he was woken up. But, all his irritation melted away as his eyes land on his sleeping lover, Hiroki. He smiles softly and kisses his forehead before sitting up and stretching.

   He stops abruptly when his feet press into something soft. He frowns and looks at the bottom of the bed, only to have his eyes widen as he sees that his foot is pressed against Zoe's back. His eyes soften as he sees his daughter curled into a ball.

   'When did she get here?' He thinks as he gently lifts her. He places her body between his and Hiroki's and tucks her in.

   'She only ever comes in here whenever she's upset...'

  Nowaki looks down at Zoe, concern clear in his eyes. He sighs and gets out of bed, being careful not to wake his sleeping lover and daughter. Once he's out of bed, he looks back at Zoe to see that she snuggled closer to Hiroki. He smiles at the sight and walks out of the room.

   'I won't ask her what's wrong, I'll let her tell me when she is ready.'

Zoe's POV:

  Nowaki kinda knew that I was upset today. He didn't ask me about it and instead told me that if I ever needed to talk to him about anything, that all I had to do was come to him, or Hiroki.

   All I did was nod. I knew that I could come to them, I trust them. I just don't trust myself. I don't think that I'm ready to explain to them about my life before Akuma.

   But, I will. When I have the courage to.

~~~~time skip: 2 days~~~~

    "Seriously? Hikaru and Koaru did that, all so they can come over to your house? On top of that, a boy came to the Host club just to impress one girl?" I say, shaking my head.

  Faith and Demyx's laugh ring in my ear as they speak Into the phone.

   "I know, it was stupid. But, really, I couldn't tell they were faking. Plus, the boy ended up being the naughty type." Faith says.

  "I couldn't tell either. But, I can't say that I don't want them to come over..." Demyx says slyly, ignoring the little boy part.

  "I definitely ship you and Koaru." Jade speaks up.

  I can already see the tiny blush on his cheeks and the smile on his face. "Thanks Jade."

   "Hey! What about me and Hikaru?" Faith whines.

  "I ship you guys." I say.

   "Thanks, Zoe."

   "You want to know who I ship~?" Demyx says. I can hear the smirk in his voice.

  "Oh gosh, here we go." I groan.

  "Who?" Faith asks, ignoring my comment.

  "Jade and Mori-senpai!" He yells.

   "Hey!" Jade fumes.

  "I ship it too." I say.

  "So do I." Faith agrees.

   I hear Jade let out a puff of air. "I have to admit, he is cute. But, I don't know if he like me, you know?"

   "Please, with the way he looks at you, I'd say it's love. " Faith says, giggling.

  "Really?" Jade asks, hope in her voice.

  "I see it. He does treat you like you're his second Honey-senpai." I comment.

   Demyx snaps his fingers on the other end of the line. "Don't think you're getting out of this, Zoe!"

   "Huh?"

  "We all see the way Kyoya look-"

  "Don't start with that, Dave."

  I hear all three of my friends groan.

   "What?" I ask.

   "Zoe, are you still hooked on Kazu?" Faith asks.

   I stay quiet. I hear sighs go all around. "Thought so." Faith says.

   "Hm." I hum.

   "You know we don't know where he is, Zoe." Jade says.

  "I know..." I mumble.

   "Zoe, we're your best friends and we love you, you know that right?" Demyx asks.

  "Yeah."

  "Maybe you should at least try to forget about him and try dating other guys." Faith suggests.

  I pause, thinking about my answer. "It's not like that."

  "What do you mean?" Jade asks.

  "It's more like.....I don't want to fall in love again, or even like a guy." I say, choosing my words correctly.

  "Why, Daniel?"

   I sigh and put the phone to my other ear. "I don't want to fall in love with a person because I want to forget Kazu. I want to do it so that I can trust again..."

  They're all quiet on the phone. I sigh and look up at my ceiling. "Forget what I said. I'll see you guys in school tomorrow."

   "Wait, Zoe!" Jade yells.

   "Yeah?"

   There's a short pause before they all talk together. "We love you, Zoe."

   I smile and let out one of my rare laughs. "I love you guys too."

   Faith giggles. "Take it easy, Zoe."

   "You know we're here for you." Jade adds.

   "Always." Demyx's finishes.

   I nod my head, even though they can't see me. "Yeah. I am here for you guys too. Bye guys."

   "Bye, Zoe!" They all yell before the line cuts off.

   I put my phone down and lay back on my bed. Talking about Kazu only makes me wonder where he is. But, like my friends said, maybe it is time to move on.

   An image of Kyoya pops into my head and I groan. I pick up my pillow and put it on my face and mumble into the pillow.

  "Just not with him."