Chapter 8

Zoe's POV:

"My little lambs, who have gathered here tonight, Ouran Host Club bids your fond Welcome to this dance party." Tamaki announces and bows.

The lights on the chandeliers turn on and the violinist stares to play. The audience starts to clap and looks at us with admiration. Haruhi, the twins, Faith and Demyx were standing to the right on the stairs, while Kyoya, Me, Honey-senpai, Jade and Mori-senapi stand to the left, Tamaki on the high balcony in the middle.

"We invite you to enjoy yourselves to your hearts content, as you dance with the Host Club members." Kyoya announces charmingly.

"In addition, he guest who is recognized as the best dancer, and is chosen as tonight's queen will receive an impassioned kiss on the cheek from the king." He continues.

"Good luck to you, baby~" Tamaki finished, winking and holding his hand out to the crowd.

The crowd starts to aww and cheer. I see one girl faint and I roll my eyes. Seriously, could they be any more over dramatic?

"Haruhi, your enthusiasm is low." The twins say as they walk up to Haruhi.

"I'm not used to this sort of thing. The only dance party I've ever been to is the bon-odori festival at the neighborhood park." She says, her head down.

"You probably can't call that a dance party." Kyoya says, writing something down in his black book.

I walk over to Haruhi and pat her head, glancing at Kyoya. "Leave her alone."

"Yeah. She has more experience than us, to be honest." Jade says.

Honey-senpai looks at her and tilts his head to the side. "What do you mean, J-chan?"

Jade looks as me and Faith, then back at him. "We've never even gone to anything like this."

"We never got the chance to." Faith adds.

"Or, even wanted to, for that matter." Demyx says, getting close to me.

I take his hand in mine, trying to comfort him. I feel eyes on me and I glance over to see Kyoya looking directly at our hands. I frown, what's up with him.

He sees me looking at him and quickly looks back at his book. Weirdo.

"Well, you're here anyway, so why don't you at least try the cuisine? There's a real spread." Kyoya says, still writing.

"A spread? L-like with Fancy Tuna? Haruhi asks.

This, however, causes Kyoya to break his pen in half and all the Hosts', except Demyx, Jade, Faith and I, to look at her in shock. What the hell is wrong with them?