Chapter 9

Zoe's POV:

"I am so glad that we get a pass today." Faith says, standing next to me.

   "Tell me about it." I lean back against one of the trees. "Ootori had me working after club hours because I didn't stay and help clean after the party."

   "Speaking of party, I saw you guys walking out together." Jade says, walking over with Demyx.

   Demyx crosses his arms and smirks at me. "Yeah, what was that about?"

   Faith pokes me. "Is there something you're not telling us?"

   I shrug. "He just drove me home-"

    "I knew it!" Jade yells.

    I roll my eyes. "It's not like that."

    "But, he likes you~" Demyx says, nudging my shoulder.

   I push him lightly. "I mean, he did ask me if me and you were dating..."

   Demyx, Jade and Faith laugh and Demyx puts his arm over my shoulders. "What? Don't tell me he's trying to steal my future wife!"

   I roll my eyes. "No, Daniel. He doesn't like me like that."

"Why else would he offer you a ride home?" Jade asks, crossing her arms.

I glance over at Kyoya to see him with a large white board and two pie charts. He seems to be talking about Haruhi because her name is up there and Tamaki looks like he just got struck by lightning. I frown a bit. Does he really like me?

Nah.

"I highly doubt it. If anything, I annoy him and we hate each other." I say, turning back to my friends.

They all look at me with their arms crosses. I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"You seriously believe that?" Faith asks.

"Yeah."

Jade shakes her head. "Unbelievable."

   I shrug. "Oh well."

   "Ms. Kamijou, please come over here for a second." I hear Kyoya call from behind me.

   I sigh and look at my friends. "Here we go again."

   They give me a look and follow me over to where Kyoya and the rest of the Hosts are. Once we're there, I cross my arms and look at him expectantly.

   "Are you aware that Physical exams are tomorrow?" He asks, not looking up.

I tilt my head in confusion. "Physical exams?"

Tamaki runs up and puts his hand on my shoulder. "It's when all the students have to record your body fitness."

   "So basically-" Hikaru starts

   "-you need to get naked." Koaru finishes.

   I instantly look at my friends, who look at me. Nope, not doing it. I look back at Kyoya and shake my head. He raises and eyebrow.

   "Is there something wrong?" He asks.

   I nod my head.

   "We won't be able to make it to school tomorrow." Jade quickly says.

   I glance at her and see her wink at me.

  Kyoya fixes his glasses and looks at her. "And why would that be, Jade?"

   "Um, well, you see-"

   Faith quickly steps in. "We're re-painting Zoe's room!"

I face palm. Really Faith?

Kyoya frowns at her. "Excuse me?"

Faith nods her head and you can tell she's nervous. "Yeah! Zoe wanted us to help her buy paint and she needs help picking out the color." She says quickly.

The Hosts sweat drop. Haruhi turns to me and gives me a look. "Why can't you just wait until the weekend?"

I glance at Faith, then look back at her and shrug.

Demyx walks over and puts his arm around my shoulders. "We have work to do on the weekend."

"You work on weekends?" Tamaki asks.

Demyx nods and starts to pull us away. "Yes. Now if you excuse us, we have to go get something from my locker and leave!"

Before any of them could say anything, we run back into the building. Once were the sure the Hosts aren't following us, we all look at Faith.

She raises her hands. "What?"

I cross my arms. "Re-paint my room?"

"I'm sorry! It was the first thing that popped into my head!" She says, blushing.

Jade rolls her eyes. "Well, now I have to tell my dad's and excuse as to why I can't come to school tomorrow."

"Me too." I say.

Demyx crosses his arms. "Me four and I'm pretty sure you have to too."

Faith sighs. "Yeah, I do."

I shrug and give her a small smile. "At least we don't have to go to the club."

Demyx laughs and starts to lead us down the hall. "You would be happy about that."

"I'm just one of a kind." I say sarcastically, causing them to laugh.

I shake my head and follow them down the hall.

Kyoya's POV:

We all watch as Zoe gets pulled away by her friends. Tamaki looks at me with confusion.

"That was weird." He says.

I fix my glasses and nod. "Indeed, it was."

"I hate to be the one to change the subject-"

"-but can we please focus on what to do with Haruhi?" The twins say, pointing to Haruhi.

She gives them a look. "I need to go study, I'll see you guys later."

As she walks away, Tamaki looks at me again. "Kyoya?"

"Don't worry, I have a plan for her." I say, smirking.

"Of course you do." The twins say, giving me a look.

Honey-senpai giggles and climbs onto Mori-senpai's back. "That's Kyo-chan for you!"

Mori nods. "Mmm."

I adjust my glasses and turn away. "Anyway, don't you have guests to take care of?"

Tamaki quickly jumps up. "Oh my, you're right! Get to your stations!"

I shake my head as Hikaru, Koaru and Honey-senpai salute him and run off in different directions. Theses idiots...

As I try to get our club's finances organized, my thoughts keep wondering to Zoe. I can't help but think about that look on her face when I mentioned the physical exams. I from and look in the direction that she ran off in. She's definitely hiding something. Her and her friends.

I shake my head and try to focus back on my work. I'm just going to have to worry about that later. Right now, I need to stay focused-

And image of Zoe's expressionless face pops into my mind and I groan.

Yeah....focus...