Chapter 30

Who said that 'first comes love, then comes marriage'? Christian and Sasha have proved otherwise...~ E! News

Sasha's POV~

By the time we reached the apartment it was rather late and I was just about ready to fall off my feet. So we decided it was best to postpone our conversation until tomorrow. Therefore, Christian decides that he will stay to night in the spare room so that we can talk in the morning before he has to go to work. So, we ordered in and silently watch tv on the couch which I normally wouldn't be ok with because when Beth and Stella were over last they spilt pizza sauce on the cushions and I was left to clean it up. We were almost sitting on opposite ends of the sofa and a certain points one of us would go to say something before deciding otherwise, making the atmosphere even more tense. However, at some point during the evening I drifted off the sleep, completely exhausted for the day. Normally I would feel incredibly awkward sleeping next to Christian, you see I'm a bit of a mover and shaker in bed and sleeping next to others is a real struggle, but tonight having Christian next to me provides me with comfort, like everything will be okay.

Opening my eyes the light blinds me but I am too focused on the swirling of my stomach to notice the glorious winter day or the position Christian and I had obviously slept in. Hoping up, I rip myself away from the arm Christian had draped around my stomach and push off his body, bolting for the bathroom.

Once I'm sure that my stomach has calmed down I lean against the shower pane letting the cool glass chill my sweating back. While the idea of a child was in no way part of my plans, this whole morning sickness bullshit is making it a while lot harder to get excited about.

"Well you weren't lying about this at least" I look up to see Christian leaning against the door jam.

"I never lied to you, I just never told you what my father had planned"

"And that's any better?"

"What do you want Christian? We are both just a means to an ends. My father never cared that it's your company, it's only competition that needs to be removed"

"I don't know?"

"And what you wanted me to tell you everything, a man I didn't know from the next on the street, be logical." It appears as though I have rendered him speechless. "Now, can I have a shower and then we can continue this conversation after?"

Christian simply nods and pulls away from the doorway shutting the door behind him.

A shower, and some deep breathing to quell the growing nausea later, I step back into the living room and see Christian leaning against the counter, a look of deep concentration on his face. He snaps out of his reverie when I step up opposite him. He looks at me briefly before turning around to pick up a mug on the bench and hands it to me.

"It's ginger, apparently it helps with the morning sickness" I gladly take the mug from him and sniff it before taking a sip. Let's hope it bloody works because I'm afraid at this point the next thing I throw up will be he baby because there is literally nothing else in my stomach.

"You been doing your research?" I smile at the thought of it.

"I always wanted kids because I have a big family, sure it's not how I planned it would happen but it's a gift"