chapter 4

New revelations in the MATHCO. bankruptcy saga: Business rival Hamilton Inc. steps up to help. Hidden motives anyone~ New York Post

Sasha's POV:

Leaving my mother's house I headed back to my apartment. My father expected me to be at his office before 12.00 pm. It was currently 11:45am. With no hope of getting there in time, I entered my apartment and walked into the kitchen to find a bottle of water. Considering that I was going to be late and that after today I probably would be bound by contract to marry what's his face my life would be over and therefore I decided to go all out. may as well be quite late instead of only a couple of minutes and panting like a dog.

Slipping into a flower patterned knee length dress with three quarter length sleeves and some heels before cleaning away the make up on my face from the night before and reapplying some concealer and eye make up before adding a soft pink lipstick. Slipping on my sunglasses I texted my driver to be ready to pick me up. with that is shut my apartment door and prepared myself to face the cavalry. By this point it was 12:15pm.

Arriving at my father's level, I stepped through the  elevator doors and walked directly to the meeting room, upon opening the door I looked around the room where 3 men were sitting. my father was seated at the head of the table, the scowl on his face made it evident I was not in anyway in his good books for making him wait. funnily enough I was kind of happy to know that I has reserved a permanent spot of his naughty list. although my father was in now way as nice as Santa Claus which is quite ironic if you think about it.

on my fathers right side was a older looking man who despite his age and greying hair still was pretty easy on the eye.  Based on who was meant to be in this meeting I gathered that this man was Henry Matheson. He was sitting patiently in his chair with a hopeful glint in his eye. I could see that his hope was most definitely in vain mostly because I know that my father plans to take has company right from under his nose. This cause a sense of guilt to roll around in the pit of my stomach.

Next to who I assumed was Henry Matheson was a younger guy with his head down as he played a game on his phone. This was clearly the infamous playboy by the name of Christian Matheson.

At the sound of my entrance all 3 men heads snapped up but only 2 of them glared at me. unfortunately those 2 were my father and Christian the 2 men I actually have to deal with in my life. upon looking directly at Christian Matheson's face I was struck with a sense of Deja vu yet I could not for the life of me remember where  I had seen at face from. finally I settled for thinking that he only appeared familiar from the articles my mum and I had been looking at all morning.

putting on my most convincing sickly sweet smile and lifted my chin before walking fully into the room and to the seat next to my father.

"So very sorry that I'm late I got a little caught up with some other matters that require my utmost attention."  I said in order to cover up my tardiness. the look on my father's face told me that he wasn't buying any of my bullshit but I didn't let it show on my face that I knew I was in trouble.

"well we thankyou for getting here when you did Sasha, I'm sure whatever you were wasting you time with clearly was very important to you. Now that you have graced us with you ever important presence we can get this meeting underway."  my father spoke as I quickly seated myself as to not anger him anymore. Knowing my father's no existent fuse I held my tongue so to not respond with a snarky comment.