Chapter 5

High profile dates: Christian Matheson and Sasha Hamilton seen having dinner. One night stand or future power couple? ~ People Magazine

Sasha's POV~

Tonight marked the beginning of our relationship in the public eye. As my father had planned we were to attend dinner at some fancy restaurant and sell that we were attracted to each other and going even further that we were in love. What a load of absolute bullshit.

Therefore here I am seated in front of my vanity doing my hair and makeup it make myself look like a woman worthy of Christian Matheson's attention or whatever crap he texted me earlier when he had the decency to tell me what I should wear. Safe to say I am not wearing it.

Currently I was not at all ready with an hour and a half to go before I was to be at the restaurant, I was sitting in a silk and lace robe with my hair wet. Getting started I began curling my hair and allowing it to hang in lose waves, I think my hair was a bad omen for the night due to the fact that it was not at all doing what it was supposed to and took twice as long to the point that I was so frustrated I wanted to rip it off my head. If this was any indication about how the night was to go I was not at all interested in going. Finally I moved on to my makeup. Doing a smoky eye that made my eyes pop and a nude lip.

Feeling satisfied with my work and thankful that my attempts to create a smoky eye did not turn me into a panda, I headed into my way to large yet doesn't-actually-fit-all-of-my-clothes-because-I-have-a-shopping-issue-and-I-know-it-but-am-not-going-to-do-anything-about-it closet to find the dress I was going to wear.

With about 15 minutes left before I had to leave I stumbled across a dress I had bought years ago yet I had never actually worn. it was a black midi halter neck dress with a slit up both sides and a hole in the middle of the dress going from the high cuff around my neck to my belly button. It was sexy I thought and I liked it wall the more because it was the opposite of the instructions Christian had given me. In his text he insisted on something different and I knew that my defiance would piss him off. Sasha: 1, Christian: 0.

The car pulled up at the restaurant about 10 minutes late and from the outside I could see Christian sitting at the table in the middle of the room where everybody could see. My father clearly wants this relationship between us to be public. I think it's because if everyone is talking about us then everyone is talking about Hamilton Inc. that little self-serving bitch. I honestly wouldn't put anything past him tonight. To be truthful I wouldn't put it past him to actually be there in the restaurant to keep an eye on us. This past week has really changed my opinion of my father.

Coming through the door, I was greeted by a young waiter.

"Hello ma'am, welcome to The Eastern Balcony, do you have a booking or table for 1 tonight?" Refraining from rolling my eyes at her jab, accidental or on purpose I couldn't tell and responded.

"Yeah, I am meeting someone here, Christian Matheson, I'm not sure what he put the booking under."

That sufficiently shut her up as she looked at me with wide eyes before fumbling with the computer screen in front of her.

"This way ma'am, please follow me to your table" she lead me through the maze of tables and I couldn't help but wish I could ask her to take me to the wrong table to save me the night of pain that awaits me.

Noticing me approach, Christian stood to greet me, the anger at my tardiness evident on his face, although his anger didn't stop him from giving me the once over. I watched his eyes roam over my body from top to bottom and I took a small feeling of satisfaction in seeing the look in his eyes. It might not have been what he wanted but I don't think he minds so much now. Leaning in to kiss me he spoke.