Chapter 7

New golden couple alert- Sasha Hamilton and Christian Matheson debut new relationship and ring at Charity Gala~ E News

Sasha'a POV~

Last night's dinner didn't go as badly as I thought it would, to be honest although things did get pretty awkward once we sat down for dinner and Phil decided it would be a good idea to initiate conversation. Maybe it would have been better to, you know, eat in silence.

~ Flashback ~

Seated around the dining room table, the silence was almost deafening except for mums multiple attempts at small talk. Once we were on to dessert, apple crumble, my absolute favourite. When Phil put down his spoon and turned to face Christian. I had seen that look before when bringing a boyfriend home to dinner.

I, over my 23 years had only ever maybe 4 boyfriends introduced to my mum and Phil and once Phil sat them down for interrogations things got ugly. Sadly out of the 4 of them 3 I never saw again. It's sad really, they had potential.

"So Christian, how many girlfriends have you had?" Oh dear, he clearly doesn't know Christian.

"Ummm... Not many sir." Christian answered awkwardly.

I decided to answer for him if that's the best response he could come up with.

"Christian doesn't do girlfriends PHIL, he's more of a hump and dump kind of man." While Phil was used to this kind of talk from me, Christian was not, his head shot to look at me so quickly, eyes wide in shock. Mainly that I had talked smack about him, definitely making him look bad to my parents.

"Really?" Phil didn't sound impressed. Oops, so maybe they won't get along.

"Yeah, he has embraced the billionaire bachelor lifestyle." I elaborated, bugging a deeper grave

"Right so why Sasha? what made you want to marry her so quickly if you don't do girlfriends." So he clearly doesn't know about the deal either.

"Phil, now is not the time." My mum interrupted, she clearly had some explaining to do later.

~ End of Flashback ~

Now it was Saturday, the day of the charity gala. Stella and I had been working together on the gala before I went away to Italy. It was in collaboration with a children's cancer support organization and all money raised was going towards that.

See I have a heart the only person I don't love like the rest of the female population's lady parts has to be Christian Matheson. I honestly don't get why I hate him, it's probably the face that I am forced to be around him for the next 3 years. It really has caused quite a change in my inner monologue. My life is going down the drain so I like to talk shit about the culprit. So sue me!

For weeks now I had been working with my favorite designer on what dress I would wear. I wanted it to be sexy and bold but also classy Mariana, who has been designing all of my dresses for important events just got me so when I went to pick up the dress yesterday, I almost cried. It was a silver dress bejeweled with many thousands of Swarovski crystals so that it was bold but classy. It has a low cut front showing some cleavage so that it makes it sexy. Over all it was perfect for tonight and I knew for certain it was going to keep Christian's eyes on me.