Chapter 3

Christian Matheson entertains new date in the aftermath of MATHCO.'s bankruptcy~ New York Post.

Sasha's POV~

A harsh pounding in my head woke me up the next morning. I attempted to pry my eyes open and adjust to the brightness of the room. Regaining my senses I rolled over on to my back. Looking around I jumped back and had to bite my lip really hard in an attempt to stop the squeal that fought to break free in shock when I notice a very bare back lying next to me.

Swallowing the scream I was unable to recall any memories from the night before. Well shit, how the bloody hell did I get here. Not that I should be complaining, I mean from the muscles in his back it was fairly clear that I had made a good choice for my last night of freedom.

Quickly but as quietly as possible I slid of the bed and run around the room attempting to find my dress and underwear from the night before. Although my bra was proving to be a problem as it was not anywhere in the bedroom. Giving up I got dressed and left the apartment.

Getting out on the sidewalk I decided to not bother my driver and hopped in to the fist cab that would stop. 20 minutes later I was out of the city and at my mum's house in desperate need to tell someone about my pending engagement.

Knocking on the door I hoped that my mum would be awake considering it was 8:30 am. My mum opened the door a short time later in her dressing gown attempting to control Lola her Labrador who was barking wildly in an attempt to see who was at the door. Oops probably should have thought about her, she was notorious for waking up the whole house at absurd hours of the day.

Noticing me at her door my mother give my appearance a once over noticing my drees from the night before,messy hair and high heels hanging from my hands as I didn't put them on in the apartment in order to leave as silently as possible. Nothing worse than having to face a guy after a one night stand, that shit just gets really awkward.

Finally meeting my eyes, completely out of character my mum smirks.

"long night?" humour dances in her eyes.

Getting the hidden jab in her words I struggled to hold beck a laugh. Deciding to play along, it was my turn to put on a smirk and say.

"the longest, it really tired me out, you know?" I said hoping to make my mum as uncomfortable as possible. Surprising me, my mum continued to keep eye contact with me showing no reaction to my previous statement but merely responded with.

"I know exactly what you mean, Phil does exactly the same thing to me. I have to say it may have been the reason I married him." The smile growing on her face as my face morphed from shock to disgust.

Way to go Mum, thanks for that, If the excessive amount of alcohol from last night wasn't causing me to feel nauseous, then that statement right there definitely has. No one wants to have to think or imagine their parents sex life, it really is quite off putting and for me having a mother who is more than happy to talk about in everyday conversation and given the number of wives my father has gone through in the last 5 years, many of them only a handful of years older than myself it is a constant battle to not have to listen or think about that. It's really quite disgusting.

Wanting desperately to end this conversation, I slipped my way past mum into the house and down the hall into the kitchen to make myself a coffee as I had not had access to any form of caffeine this morning. While the coffee pot was working I turned around to face my mother who was looking at me while leaning against the kitchen counter. Being 5ft7 my mum stood taller than me by only 2 cm. My height really was a pain in the arse. I mean don't most children grow taller than their parents, at least their mothers. I clearly was the excepting to that rule. Even my genetics were working against me. aside from height, my mum and I were fairly similar we both have blonde hair and similar features. Except for our eyes, while she has hazel eyes, I somehow had been born with blue eyes.