Chapter 9

New York's golden couple celebrate their engagement with a star studded party~ New York Times.

Sasha's POV~

4 weeks... 4 weeks... 4 weeks...

The phrase kept running itself on repeat in my head. I knew I was going to have to marry Christian at some point but now the countdown is on. It's kind of like having a father as a fortune teller. I know when and where and how I am going to die. I don't like it one single bit.

Marrying Christian probably isn't the worst thing in the world. Like mum said, he could be like my father but you'll NEVER hear me admit that. I'm way too proud for that.

Luckily I didn't have to see Christian for the last week or so and I really was grateful for that. When I am around him, it's very confusing, like I hate him but at the same time I'm ridiculously attracted to him. I just, being close to him leave me feeling weird, like butterflies in my stomach. I mean it's not his face or body that are ugly. It just so happens that his personality is. It's a shame really. I tend to only attract the guys that are really hot but absolute dicks. Just my luck hey!

This entire week had been spent cooped up in my mother's house unable to leave while I listened to my mother and my mother-in-law-to-be Karen talk over plans for both the engagement party and wedding. Oh happy times. Don't get me wrong I love my mother, it's just she can be a little over the top when it comes to organizing things and well everything has to be the way she wants it. This was actually the first time I had met Karen and although I had been walking on eggshells around her seeing as I was in an arranged marriage with her son she seems rather lovely and she seems more than happy to let my mum have at it. It's a match made in heaven for me. No fights which is a relief.

The days were spent talking about this and that. Although my opinion was never really asked for, not that I really cared, I mean this is a wedding for show, surely once all this marriage rubbish is over I will find a man worth marrying. Maybe with blonde hair though.

All the guys I have dated in the past have been tall, dark and handsome but complete arseholes. With tiny dicks if I must add. Personally I think it's because they put 3 quarters of it into their personality but either way it makes for a short relationship.

Of course, given my father's interference with my life, both the engagement party and wedding will be held at the hotel of my father's choosing. Currently I think the ballroom at the bottom of MTHCO. is what has been chosen, so there is nothing to worry about there.

My bridesmaids are a given and they all already know it without me having to ask them. Bethany and Stella have already taken themselves out to find dresses with my blessing, I didn't even have to choose the god damn colour, my own mother did that for me. Ok so maybe I am a little annoyed that I have little to no say in this wedding.

Currently I am standing on a red carpet with a line of paparazzi taking my photo. Christian is standing next to me his arm secured tightly around my waist. I'm not quite sure if it's to stop me from bolting the hell out of here or himself, because right now a tight smile forced on to my face I can think of nothing more than making a break for it consequences be damned. I could let out a breath of relief when Christian released my waist from his vice grip and tugged my hand to lead me down the rest of the carpet which at this point I think is quite frankly overkill and clearly my father's idea to make himself more important, and into the hotel ballroom entrance to wait for us to be announced.