Chapter 26

Wishing we had a man that looked at us the way Christian Matheson looks at his wife. ~ E News

Sasha POV~

Lying on my stomach, I wake up to the feeling of something moving up and down my back creating a ticklish sensation. I open my eyes to the sight of Christian leaning over me. Well at least this is a welcome I enjoy. Last night there was no talking about us or about the blackmail nothing it was just him and me.

"Morning" with a smile he leans down to kiss the curve where my neck meets my shoulder which sends a tingle down my spine and I have to bite my lip to keep from reacting.

"Hey, you sleep well?"

"Best I have in three weeks, you?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Would it be too cheesy to say that it was the best sleep of my life"

He laughs and pulls me off the bed and onto his chest. Instead of doing what I normally do and pushing myself off him and leaving in the dark of the night, I lift my palms to his chest to rest my chin on them while tangling my legs with his.

"I'm glad, don't have people tell you they love you very often?"

"Hmmm...yep pretty much"

"You know I mean it right?" His words cause the same warmth to spread all over me making me smile involuntary. I so desperately want to respond but at this stage I'm not even sure what to say.

"It means a lot to me that you feel that but I'm horrible at relationships and commitment and sharing my feelings I mean, I'm pretty much my father and that is not a good thing but I think I trust you and I'm will to leap if you are"

"You think you trust me?" Christian lifts his head to look at me properly.

"Well you did tell me you loved Quinn three weeks ago and now your saying it to me"

"I know what I said but I also know that this is so much better, I promise"

"So you going out with Quinn last week didn't mean anything?" I am now sitting up to look directly into Christian's face searching for the truth.

"I did but it was just to talk, to make it clear that it was over"

"I know." I rolls my eyes a little and chuckle remembering last night and the recording of Quinn's letdown.

"What?" Christian looks at me quizzically, oh shut the front door, he doesn't know about that.

"No I just figured seeing as we are here now that it was the reason I just wanted to see if you were telling the truth. He seems to believe me.

"So you trust me now?"

I lean back down to lay myself on his chest close to his face so that our lips are almost touching.

"We're getting closer"

When our lips touch it feels as though my entire body is a firework. I am completely wrapped up in all things Christian and I don't want to leave. I have been with plenty of men in my life but I have never felt so loved by anyone and I was a feeling I want to hold on to for as long as possible. I know that the minute I tell Christian about the tape everything will change. I can tell the reason Quinn is involved is because she wants Christian but the other woman I haven't got a clue, and that scares me. I pull back from Christian.