Chapter 6

True love or perfect illusion: Are Christian Matheson and Sasha Hamilton really in love~ Huffington Post

Sasha's POV~

Waking up the next morning, I was confronted with many newspapers and articles about both my father and myself. It had basically become a day dedicated to the Hamilton's. It would really be quite amusing if it wasn't 9:00 am and I wasn't still angry about how last night played out. Each newspaper alternated between Christian and I's date and dad and Ivy's engagement. Ivy, I had found out was actually quite well known. I say quite purely for the fact that I had never heard of her, and because it's too early to be humble, I know most people, if I don't know you, you aren't famous.

Lying down on my couch, I lifted the remote in a huff at the energy needed to lift my arm. Depressingly the only thing I at 9:00am were the boring morning shows and tabloid programs, it's the main reason why I don't watch the tv in the morning, I really can't be bothered hearing lies generated to make money for themselves. It's sick really but what can you do.

Today though, I was interested, really in what people thought about last night. Dad's current engagement to a women 3 years older than his own daughter because really I thought that was weird. Christian and I's involvement with each other. According to the reporter who was talking about our date currently, I think it was assumed that I was just another notch under his belt. That was something I was definitely not happy about but I guess we are about to prove them wrong even if it is all a lie. However it did look like everyone was believing our show so my father should be happy with that I suppose.

The door opening to my apartment startled me into action. No-one has the keys to my apartment. Shit! I'm being robbed. Grabbing the heavy light off the table next to the couch and crept to the door that lead to the entrance hallway. I could hear the steps of the perpetrator as he walked into what I assumed was the kitchen. I could feel my breaths become ragged and had to cover my mouth with my hand to slide de my loud breathing.

Is this really how I am going to die. In my apartment with the ugly metal lamp that my dad's last wife, a Spanish model in her early thirties in need of her green card got me for a housewarming present that I hated so much I swore I wouldn't be caught dead with it in my apartment. Now it's in my hand. I suppose it I attack the intruders with it, I can break it but otherwise this will be how the police find me. They will probably assume that it was my prized possession.

Ready to throw the lamp away to stop the assumptions if I do die I become away of the footsteps growing to the point that they were outside the living room entrance and quickly getting closer to me. This is it, take them by surprise. Taking a deep breath, I let out a small cry as I launch myself around the corner swinging the lamp. Sensing my attack the intruder ducks as my lamp swings through the air and misses his head. Bringing it back up I attempt to hit him again only for him to grab the lamp. Having my weapon disabled I looked up to lock eyes with the man in front of me.

"Christian?!" I gasped, standing in front of me in my apartment where he wasn't invited. What the hell is happening? Staring in shock I tried to comprehend what had just taken place. What on earth was he doing here?

"Hey princess, whatcha doing over there with a metal lamp?" Christian spoke after a minute of silence where he was clearly assessing the situation. At this point we were standing so close to one another our chests were touching and I could feel the heat radiating from his body. It was warm and kind of welcoming.

I think it was mainly my shock at the current turn of events and the warm piece of meat that was Christian Matheson. Kind of disturbing I know but you would have to blind not to admit that he was attractive, and truth be told I was attracted to him, I mean if I wasn't I wouldn't have slept with him in the first place. Snapping out of my shock at his words I let go of that horrid lamp and stepped back from him putting as much space possible to remove and unwelcome feelings I may have been or would be having.