Chapter 16

Christian Matheson looks besotted with new wife as they spend the evening celebrating their marriage with  family and friends~ Rolling Stones

Sasha's POV~

"Presenting Mr and Mrs Christian Matheson!!!"  The doors of the entrance to the ball room opens and we both walk, hand in hand into the room. We were the picture of happiness. Around us our family and friends cheered and clapped but what caught my eye was standing front and centre in the crown was Quinn. the only person in room who was not cheering us on. Expected to be honest, but what I didn't expect to see was that smart ass smirk plastered on her face. She has something planned.

If someone had told me at the start of this year I would find myself in an arranged marriage I would have said you were sniffing sharpies but on top of that, if you had said I would spend said wedding day fighting off my new husband's ex I'd be booking you in to a psych ward. Yet here we are... this night could not get any worse.

I spoke too soon as within seconds Christian had swung me around and into his arms for the first dance. We begin to sway to the song and as we move i listen to the song my mum has chosen for us.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

"You know I am sorry about Quinn"

"No sweetheart I don't and besides you're a big boy whoever you chose to take to bed is your business,"

"Look I only went to Quinn because you kissed someone else..."

"So what it's payback??" I asked incredulously. Was he bloody serious.

"No I was just hurt,"

"Are you really that petty?"

"No I was impulsive." He takes a deep breath. "I didn't meant to do that and I'm sorry." This was all becoming too much for me, I close my eyes and take a deep breath. This guy has the worst possible timing.

"Look can we not talk about it now," I step back as the music finishes playing. We both turn away from one another to greet many different family members and I don't see Christian again till about and hour and a half later when we are forced to sit down for dinner. Which I'm more than happy to do considering I'm about to pass out from starvation. Should not have skipped breakfast and lunch to fit in to my dress. The things brides do.

We engage in small talk and put on happy smiles for the remainder of dinner but when I comes to speeches I'm not sure how the hell we are going to bullshit our way out of this one.

First my father gets up and strouts some rubbish about true love because having five wives makes him an expert on that. Something tells me that if we take his advice we will never make it to the compulsory three year mark. I may just kill Christian like Henry Tudor did and find a replacement. Comparing myself to Henry Tudor, now that's a new low for me.