Chapter 34: Wake Me Up

Start from the beginning

Lauren's POV:

"It just felt so real Lo, I was really confused." Camila says sipping on her coffee. "But it was just a dream and and in real life you're not dating a douche bag." I tell her with a smile. "Are we sure about that? How's that hang over going by the way?" She says grinning and I roll my eyes. "Cheap shot." I say and take a bite from my blue berry muffin. "I wanted to apologize about everything that happened last night, I had no right of saying all of the idiotic things I said or did for that matter. And I decided I'm going to stay here for college." I announce. "No, you need to go to NYU Lauren, I was acting like a selfish little bitch last night and I should be the one apologizing. Please don't give up on your dreams because of me." She says rubbing the top of my hand with her thumb, and I can really tell she means every word she said. I had already decided to forget about NYU and just stay here with my family, but hearing her talk so sincerely is making me reconsider everything. "Does that mean you're taking the solo career?" I ask staring deeply into her eyes. "Yeah, I guess I am." She says and sighs. "So what does that mean for us?" I ask and feel my heart rate speed up. "When I first met you, I knew we had a special bond or something, and I had never felt that connection with anyone. Whenever we were together, even when we were just friends, I felt like I could be myself and you would never judge me. I felt like someone finally got me and then we started being more than friends and that's when I understood we were soul mates. I still feel that way about you Lauren. I still get anxious and excited and extremely happy. You complete me, and I love you more than anything in this world. I'm sure this isn't something anyone gets to experience, and that's why I'm sure no matter what we do, we will end up coming back to each other Lauren Jauregui." She says and I can feel the tears trying to come out of my eyes. "So Camren is real, huh?" I say completely choked up and hear her beautiful laugh. "Yeah, kinda real." She adds and kisses my lips softly. "You just have to promise me you'll be happy, because if you're happy then I'm happy, no matter how far apart we are." Camila says rubbing my cheek with her thumb and I feel the first tear roll down. "I'm going to miss you so much Camz." I say softly and wipe the tears from my face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry." I add trying to put on a brave smile. "Don't apologize, and its not like this is happening right away. I haven't even talked to the producer and classes start in a couple of weeks. We have time to say goodbye Lo, and we'll be seeing each other again sooner than we know." She tries to comfort me with a soft smile. I don't know why I got so emotional. Probably hearing her talk about us so passionately made me realize how hard being away from her will be. I can't really picture my life without her, but I guess this is just something we need to do. And if she's right, then we will find each other again soon and finally have that happy ever after.

That last conversation with Camila was emotionally intense, but finally made me decide to send an application to NYU. If they don't accept me then I guess its destiny's way of telling me not to let her go, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. On the other hand, Camila accepted the solo offer and will go to L.A. to sign everything tomorrow. It's insane to think she'll continue on doing what we both love on her own, and there's just no going back now. She'll probably have to move to L.A. soon and start recording for her solo album. It makes me extremely happy to think of her following her dreams, I just hope we could do this together again. She makes me so much stronger and has been my shoulder to cry on for the last two years. Going to college on my own is definitively going to be a sudden change, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not extremely scared, but this is what I have wanted to do all of my life besides singing. The college life experience is something I had looked up to for so many years, and hearing how much fun all of my friends are having makes me really excited. But of course its going to suck to be away from the girl I love, and no matter how much fun I have, that's never going to change. "Lauren, are you there?" I feel a tap on my shoulder and the cutest giggle in the world. "Yeah, I'm sorry." I answer looking into Camila's deep brown eyes. "Why don't you come to L.A. with me tomorrow? You have no idea how nervous I am." She asks rolling around on my bed. "Are you serious?" I say laying next to her. "I mean, I would love to have you with me, but you've been so busy with this college stuff I wasn't sure you'd want to come." She explains softly rubbing my arm. "Of course I'd love to go with you. I already sent my application and I just have to wait and see if they accept me." I say and see a big smile on her face. "They'd be fucking crazy if they didn't accept you, you have like the highest GPA ever and you're talented as hell." Camila says and plants a quick kiss on my lips. "Thanks babe." I answer and reciprocate the kiss more passionately now. Her hands slip under my shirt and her lips part so I can deepen the kiss. I'm definitively going to miss this, no doubt about that. "Lauren, we're home!" I suddenly hear my parents voices and quickly part away. "Are you ever going to tell them about us?" Camila says sighing. "I'm sorry babe, we'll talk about this later but you really shouldn't be here and they can't see you, and I know I suck." I start saying nervously and fix my hair. Ever since the sex tape was leaked last year my parents have been a little over protective when it comes to my love life, and I'm not sure what they'll think if they know Camila and I are back together. "But we'll go to L.A. tomorrow and spend as much time together as we fucking want, okay? You know how much I love you, don't you?" I finish saying with a quick kiss on her lips and then we walk out of my room like nothing happen. "I've just been in the closet for too long, I don't want to go back inside." She whispers with a hint of annoyance in her voice and walks towards the front door, where my parents are standing. "Bye Clara and Mike, it was nice to see you guys." She says with a smile. "Why don't you stay for dinner honey?" My dad asks sweetly. "I can't, but thanks for inviting me. I'll see you tomorrow Lo." She says politely and walks out of my house. I feel like shit for making her go through the whole secret relationship deal again. I guess tomorrow we'll have a lot of time to talk about everything when we go back to where we called home for the last couple of years.