Prologue [Part III]

"Cole, let's eat..." I said when I'd finally came back after hunting for some foods in the forest. I looked at Cole --- who was sitting on a log silently with his hand placed on his flat stomach, a frown on his face and glassy eyes. "...Cole..." I called again, and it immediately caught his attention as he quickly looked at me and stood up. He seemed surprised.

"Oh, you're here..." he said softly as he made his way towards me. Then, he added; "...sorry. I was daydreaming...".

I smiled.

"It's fine. And I got a rabbit, as what you've told me..." I said happily. Few months ago when we first came here, Cole always wanted to eat fruits. And even if he wanted some meat, he wouldn't bother asking for a specific type. He just eat whatever I'd gave him, as long as it was meat. This time, however, I'm glad he was asking. He'd told me that he wanted to eat a rabbit before I'm off for a hunt this morning. "...four. Two for each of us. They are pretty huge by the way..." I said, lifting the white dead animals with a big proud smile on my face.

"Thanks..." he said. He was eyeing the rabbits --- appetite seemed to control him --- as he said; "...c-can we cook it now?".

"Sure".

But, before I could make a step, he said; "I want it half cooked. C--can we?".

Smiling at him, I nodded. He was seriously demanding these past few days by the way. And it's not like his usual self. However, he wasn't as demanding until to the point that it was annoying. Instead, I liked it when he acted like this. He'd shown how comfortable he was with me right now, and I'm glad for that.

"Okay. It'll be ready in an hour..." I responded, chuckling at his eager expression as he followed me behind.

"I'll help you clean".

"Nah, it's fine..." I said. We walked towards the hut and I put the rabbits down. "...you just sit. I'll call you when it's ready".

He then frowned. Deeply.

"I'll help..." he offered again. "...I--I don't care. I'll help".

"Baby..." I said. I watched as the expression on his face turned soft when I called him that, and he looked at me --- round eyes, and full of hopes. I walked towards him to caress his soft hairs as I added; "...I got this, okay?".

He was silent, eyes still stared at me and lips now slightly jutted out.

"Fine. But make sure it half cooked. You over cooked the deer last night..." he complained.

"Sorry..." I chuckled; gently kissing the top of his head. "...can you wait here while I do the dinner?".

He nodded lightly. I smiled.

"...be good..." I then added with a wink before I walked away.

p/s: Just to be clear, my prologues are always short. And, based on Cole's behavior, can you guys guess what happens? Hahahahaha