Father

Here to anybody who thinks Cole isn't the cutest smol bean ever lol

* * *

It was cold, and my vision was as dark as ebony. I tried to move by simply touching everything blindly — my steps were slow and steady — as the rough surface of what I assume were trees guiding my way around.

For a second, I actually wondered if I was already dead. Because besides being completely dark, it was also eerily silent here. I felt so alone and lonely, very cold too, and scared. Cold drops of sweat felt down my forehead like falling rain, my fingers were shaking, my heart pounding violently against my ribcage and my breath felt so heavy.

"Kyle..." I heard someone suddenly called out. The voice was incredibly soft and gentle, but because it was too dark in here; I couldn't see anybody around. There was no other sound but just the voice though, and for a moment, I wondered if it was just my imagination. I was longing for any sort of interaction, just anything, because I was currently so scared, confused and I just want to make sure that there was someone else here with me. "Kyle, listen to me..." the voice suddenly said again, and I frowned.

"Who are——" I paused. I opened my mouth to reply back to the anonymous voice, but surprisingly, there was no voice came out of my mouth. I was mute. I am unable to speak out. I felt like somebody was choking me right now — blocking my voice — and it was making me panic. Without knowing, cold tears felt down my cheeks.

"Kyle, please. It's me. Please listen to me".

I am! I am listening to you right now.

"...Kyle".

What? Whoever it was, please know that I am here. I am listening to whatever you're going to say. I am here. Please. Don't leave me alone.

"...Kyle, you can do this. I know you're a strong man. You can go through this. Please, darling".

I am. I am.

"...Kyle. Kyle. Kyle. I love you so much".

Then, though I wanted for the voice to stay, it was slowly fading away — lower and softer — until what I could hear was just the sound of the soft zephyr blows gently into my ear. There was no more voice. Not even a whisper. And once again, I had been left alone.

~ ♥ ~

When I opened my eyes; I was greeted with the dazzling light of the sun beaming through the crystal clear glass. And, unlike before, this time, the place I was in was incredibly bright and white. I was no longer alone — I could tell — because outside of the closed door; I could hear people were talking and casually chatting around. Relief, I then let out a deep breath. I am no longer alone.

"Oh, you're awake..." someone who had a mask on his face suddenly said. I don't know why though, but even the loud thud of his shoes as he made his way towards me calm me down. I looked at him silently — confused and speechless — until he suddenly took his mask off to reveal his face. It was that doctor who used to be around Cole——.

My eyes turned wide.

"Where's him?" I asked. My voice was weak, but the strong feeling to see my love one was making me felt so desperate. I tried to look around me — my head was slightly moving side to side — only to be attacked by a sudden prodding pain in my neck and chest. "...ouch!".

"Calm down, Alpha. You're still recovering..." the doctor said. He then let out a soft sigh as he walked closer towards me to adjust my pillow so I was lying down in a much comfortable position. "...and don't worry. Your mate will be here soon. He just get home to pack some clothes and have a shower".

I softly sighed.

"When did he gone?" I asked.

"Few minutes ago. He'd told me that he wouldn't be long though. Don't worry..." the doctor then calmly answered. Behind him, I'd noticed that the door was opened. I was highly hoping that it would be Cole though, but when it was my father who showed up instead —— my shoulder quickly slumped down in pure disappointment. He looked at me from distance, and when the doctor had finally noticed his presence; he excused himself and left the both of us alone in the room. It was really awkward and tense.

"So, how are you, son?" he was the first one to speak out. I could hear him repeatedly cleared his throat before he added again, in a much, much lighter tone; "...you'd been in a coma for the past two weeks. Heavy injury. The tip of the knife almost puncture your heart. Thankfully though, the guards were fast enough to come——".

"I'm all good, father..." I quickly interjected. I was, after all, don't have the slightest mood to talk to him yet. I was pissed, disappointed, angry and at the same time, sad. This man had almost got me killed, and the fact that I had survived from the torturing test that he'd put me in was maybe because I was lucky enough. I still remembered the pain anyway, the hunger and thirst I had to endure for the past few days, the torture and rough treatment he was giving me. He didn't have the slightest mercy for me —— his own damn son —— when all I need was just a second chance to start a new life with Cole. I knew I deserve every bits of the torture after what I'd done to Cole before but...one thing you have to know, my father was, anyway, never the one who ever treat me right. He always expect the best from me, abandoning that warm bonding of a father and a son supposed to have, beating the shit out of me when I did something poorly at school when I was much younger and ignoring me whenever I speak my voice out. It's shitty I knew, but growing up with someone who acted so cold towards you really affect my whole life and people around me.

Cole, for example.

If I ever said that I never know the specific reasons why I used to hate him before, well, I was actually lying. Because besides being homophobic, I also hated the fact that my parents was treating him and anybody else better but me —— their own damn son. They listened to him. They were acting so warm and gentle to him. They never ask him to do something out of his will. They were basically treating him as if he was a fragile doll whilst here I am; begging for love and attention I knew I would never get. It was childish and stupid, I knew, and I only realized how thirsty I was for some love and affection after I got to know Cole better. He's the only one for me.

My father was silent. He looked down at the floor, eyes hooded and lips pressed into a thin line. I don't know what he was thinking about though but, of course, it's not something I would even bother to ask.

Then, sighing tiredly, I added; "...I need to get some rest, father. Can you please leave me alone?". I heard him cleared his throat again. I knew he was about to say something but, as soon as he was about to open his mouth, I quickly interjected; "...I need a good rest".

He sighed. He was silent as he dragged his fingertips through his light grey hairs. When did he turned this old anyway? I didn't realize.

"Okay. C—can we talk later?" he asked, faltering a bit.

I shrugged lightly. "I'm not sure". I don't want to, honestly.

He softly nodded.

"See you later then..." he replied before he made his way out of the room — hands shoved inside his pockets as I watched him silently behind.

Now you know why Kyle was used to be so aggressive towards Cole...