Saved

"Are you okay, Alpha?" one of my followers asked as she was looking at me worriedly. "...cause you don't look like you're okay at all. Do you want to take a rest for a while?".

Breathing heavily, I then shook my head.

"No, just keep going..." I replied weakly though I actually just wanted to die right there right now. The pain was just too much for me to handle. Fuck. The pain I'd felt right now was far more worst than the pain I'd felt when I was injured actually. I felt hot--like I had been burned alive in a huge pit of fire. My skin had turned pale and my whole body felt like shaking. Groaning deeply, I then rested my hand against a tree to take a refreshing breath.

"Alpha".

I didn't answer to her because my throat felt too hurt for me to talk. Then, after she looked at me for a few more minutes, she finally said; "Guys, let's take a rest for a while".

"No!" I quickly refused. "...we need to find Cole as soon as possible..." I breathed out heavily. My head, it started aching. There was a constant need for me to punch the pain away, but I knew it would be useless. Leaning against the tree as my breath had turned harsher, I gritted my teeth, my hands turned into knuckles as I tried to strain the throbbing pain. I felt like dying. I felt out of breath. And for a second, for the first time, I wished Cole would magically appear right in front of me and stop this pain.

But I knew it wouldn't work that way. I knew that this was the price that I had to pay for abandoning and making his life into a living hell. I looked at his life like a trash, and now for the karma, fate had decided to play a game with me, and it wasn't even a joke. Fuck, my wolf had even refused to talk to me.

~x~

It's night. The sun had been long replaced with the light of the moon--leading our ways dully. Almost half of the forest we had went through, and my pack already seemed tired. Looking at their faces one by one, I knew we had to take a rest. I couldn't push them anymore, not even myself. I'd turned weaker and weaker. My fingertips were trembling, and so did my lips.

"Guys, you can take a rest now..." I told them finally and they breathed out happily.

~x~

My breath hitched in my throat. I couldn't breath. My whole body was trembling and my soul felt like it had been set on fire. My head was aching, and every veins in my body felt like popping and bursting. I'm dying. I didn't know when, but I hoped, soon enough. I'm tired of being tortured like this. I wouldn't find Cole anyway. Perhaps, after that night, he's already dead, and I'm sure enough I'd follow after.

My time was here.

"Alpha!".

I couldn't even breath properly anymore.

"Alpha!".

And, if I had been given a chance, I wanted to apologize to Cole for everything I'd done to him.

"Alpha!".

I'm dying. My time was here...

"Alpha! Wake up!" Derrick was waking me up from my sleep.

Blinking my eyes open, I thought I would be greeted with the morning sunshine, but instead, the moon still looked bright behind the clouds. I was confused at first, and I yawned.

"You guys should get more slee--".

"No, Alpha. I think we've found Cole..." Derrick quickly interfered happily. I looked at him for a few second, trying to digest the information that sounded too good for me. "...across the lake, just by behind that tree".

"How do you know?" I asked but quickly getting up on my feet nonetheless. I saw that all of my other followers already woke up too, and they quickly got their things ready. "...perhaps, it is just the woodcutter's--".

"The fox fairy told me when I was about to go to the lake to drink some water..." he said excitedly. I watched at how bright his eyes were looking, and it was making me excited too. "...he needs help. Cole needs help..." he then added.

~x~

The fox fairy looked frantic when we'd finally arrived at his place.

"Where is him?" I asked, trying to peek inside their tiny hut. Didn't say anything further, the fox fairy then led us inside where Cole was currently at. I quickly rushed towards the tiny form, and when my eyes suddenly caught at the stain of blood between his legs, I quickly looked back at the fox fairy. "...what the fuck had happened? What's wrong with him?!".

"I don't know!" the fox then replied with shaky voice. "...I was sleeping when he suddenly screaming in pain before he fainted. I think it must have be something wrong with his baby".

What?

"Since when?" I whispered out. I looked at Cole's face--his pale face--as I held his hand with my trembling one. But when the fox fairy didn't answer, I shouted; "...how old is the baby?!".

"T-two months..." he then answered nervously.

What had I done? What the fuck had I done?

And without knowing, there were beads of tears felt across my cheeks. I leaned down to caress his pale, cold cheek with my shaking thumb; knowing how much I had caused pain to him. I definitely didn't deserve this boy.

"Alpha, let's take him back to the pack..." Derrick said after a few minutes of me just sitting there, looking at Cole's painful face as I kept caressing the back of his hand. His chest was moving up and down rapidly, and sometimes, I would caught drops of warm tears that had unconsciously felt across his cheek. "...he needs to be treated".

I heaved deeply. I stayed there for a few minutes more--the guilt and regret were filing my chest to no end.

Sure, I didn't deserve him. I didn't even deserve to lay my sinful hand on him. But, when my wolf started to howl excitedly at me, there was a deep voice in my head that kept telling me that...maybe I should open a new chapter in life and started it again with Cole. I knew that even if I die tonight, it wouldn't be enough to repent my mistake to Cole. I needed to fix everything, confessing all of my mistakes to him and teach myself to accept him in my life. I had to do that. I had to.

Then, wiping my tear away, I turned to Derrick and said; "Let's go now..." I whispered as I gently took Cole's thin body---giving him the kind of warmness he had never feel from me before.