Meet Mia

In the morning, I woke up to the sound of my mother's knocking and calling for me at the door. She sounded like she was in a rush, so, despite of the fact that I still hadn't fully woke up yet, I scrambled out of the bed hurriedly as if the house was on fire.

"Oh, hey, mom..." I greeted sleepily. I rubbed my eyes with the backs of my hands as I yawned a little. "...what's wrong? It's still so early in the morning..." I told her before she just ignorantly walked inside, aiming into the kitchen. It had been a lazy day, but my mom was never the one who ever rested. She'd cook while she can, even if nobody was actually hungry. But, okay. "...I'm in my room if you need me".

But even before I could lift my feet up, she suddenly called me out.

"Wait, honey, no. I need you to do something..." she said as she took out a small, clean and fancy teapot from one of the tall shelves. She never used it on daily routine though, just during on a rare occasion, which somehow, it had made me raised confused brows. Yet, even before I could open my mouth to ask, she already added; "...we have guests".

"Huh?".

"From Blue Moon pack. It's a friendly visit though, no need to worry. The Alpha had been friend with the daughter of their Beta ever since they were younger. Same age, and they even went to the same school before..." she said, putting two teabags into the pot. "...Kyle had been waiting for this moment for too long. He said he miss her. It's been almost two years since they'd last met each other, so he wanted this visit to be memorable...".

Kyle, and a friend? I'm not wanting to sound rude, but he doesn't looked like the type to have any friend though. Well, at least to me. Everybody's opinion--which I knew would be an opposite of mine--didn't even matter to me. He was grumpy and moody all the time, and yet again, he was only acting like that to me. Called me special, but no, I didn't want to be treated differently; especially when it had to be worse.

"And why it have to do with you?" I paused, then I remembered something. "...and me? Why you need me to do something?".

She ignored me for a few seconds as she was busy arranging some cookies on a plate. Then, after she was done, she finally turned to me with a smile stretched across her face.

"I need you to send this to the Alpha while I'm gone to show the guest around for a bit".

I gawked.

"What? Why? Why me? And, why it have to be you that serve them? They have their own kitchen, right? We're like--".

"Honey, it's my job. I had been given the task to manage the guest's hospitality. It's not like the first time we have a visitor. You should know that already..." she told me softly.

I let out a small, annoyed groan. Yes. I knew my mother was the one who was supposed to be responsible when the guests were visiting. Of course, as her son, I could help her with anything. I could deliver the foods anytime she wanted, or cleaning the room for the guest, or taking them around, however, this one was a little bit...different. I never wanted to come to meet the Alpha, especially when it had to be personal like this.

"I don't want to..." I finally said with my arms crossed. "...tell Cody, Carlisle or Cassandra to do it. I'm out..." I huffed. However, at the corners of my eyes, I saw the way my mother was pouting at me. She looked tired, by the look of it, and me being such a brat wasn't helping her with anything. I made her job hard when I was suppose to ease it up. And, as she continued to pout at me, I finally rolled my eyes in annoyance. Mom wins. "...fine. I'll do it".

She smiled happily.

"I love you".

"Ugh..." I groaned. Yet, despite of the fact that I'm complaining, I still made my way towards the tray of treat that my mother had finished preparing. The tea smelt nice anyway, thankfully. "...wait, I shall take a bath first. Is that okay?". It'd be late, but cleanness was my priority. I never wanted to come and greet people with a bad morning breath, or tousled hairs and smelly body. It's, for an obvious reason, was rude and very uncomfortable for some people, I guessed.