Dr. Christopher

I came back with my bleeding feet. It had been such a tiring day for me, and at the moment I walked through the door, my mother rushed towards me with worry expression stretched across her face. 

"What happen to your feet, dear?" she asked. With trembling hands, she quickly got on her knees to inspect my injuries, and after seeing those cuts and bruises, she let out a loud gasp. "...we have to get you to the doc--".

"I'm fine, Mom..." I replied quickly as I tried to pull my legs away from her touch. I needed a sleep--probably just to make me forget everything that had happened today. The way Kyle had treated me somehow had put me in this some kind of depressing state, and the only way to escape from it was by sleeping. I knew it might be temporary, but at least it could make me felt better, nonetheless. "...I-I was just being clumsy today..." I added as soon as I saw my mother's glassy eyes as she stared at my injuries. 

My mother, though she never speak it out, I knew that she was the one who always knew something was never right with me. Those bruises and cuts on my skin, the things that made me cried hopelessly in the middle of the night, the reason why I never like being with the Alpha... 

But, the only reason why she never say it was, because I never talk about it with her anyway. She was just waiting for the right time to speak about it, I guess. 

"Honey, I need you to stop lying..." then she said, in her soft voice, soft expression and faltering smile. The way she looked at me almost making me wanted to break down and just cried, felt perfectly safe in her arms as she whispered into my ears telling me that I'll be alright. To be honest, that was the kind of serenity I needed--to be safe in the arms of someone I'd trusted--albeit the hurt I'd felt in both of my heart and body. "...you have to be treated. Right now...". And she stopped. Just right there. 

~x~

"Good afternoon..." a deep voice suddenly greeted me by the door frame. Quickly averting my gaze towards the greeter; a huge smile was promptly stretched across my face when I saw the man of my dream--Dr. Christopher--was making his way towards me. He was dressed in his casual white uniform today, a first aid-kit and a glass of water held in his hands. For someone as charming as him, I never understand why Kelly didn't have any crush with this man as well. I meant, he was downright gentleman, but then again, everybody always fall in love with an asshole like Kyle. 

Slightly fixing my position on the couch, I smiled at him. 

"Good afternoon, Doctor..." I greeted back awkwardly with a blush was now crawling on both of my cheeks. 

Dr. Christopher beamed like a little child as he handed me the water before he took a seat beside me. Then, professionally, he took out a few things to treat my injuries, and with awe eyes, I watched him underneath my thick lashes. He started smoothly--cleaning my cuts carefully before he applied a few drops of cold liquid that made me hissed slightly. 

"Sorry..." he sighed, his eyes swiftly averted to me before a soft smile promptly pulled across his face. He was so beautiful. Like, incredibly beautiful. "..these cuts are the worst. You must be working so hard, eh?". 

My smile faltered. 

"I'm just not being careful enough anyway..." I said, hissing again when he pressed a cold cotton against my wounds. It felt like someone had slicing me opened down there, and when he shifted his attention to my other wounds, I added; "...the rabbit is just so fast though".

And, though it was not a joke, he chuckled. 

"It must be so cute..." I heard him said. And upon hearing that, I quickly lifted my head up to meet his gaze which was already beaming at me. Then, his cheeks turned red. "...I-I mean the rabbit".

"Oh...yeah. A white rabbit".

Dr. Christopher didn't talk much after then. I watched him as he treated me, the way his huge hands softly handling my feet, his pretty eyes boring its way towards mine, his adorable smile, his body language, and even at the way his thick, dark brows would scrunched up as he focused on my wounds. Called me a pervert, an obsessive little slut, but this man was definitely stunning just like the way he was. 

"And, I saw your name on the board today..." he suddenly said. He glanced up at me as he smiled; long fingers grazing my skin--tentatively and delicately--as if my skin was made from a fragile porcelain. "...your birthday is next week, eh?" he added. "...congratulations".

I shrugged. 

"There's nothing special about it though..." I replied a bit too nonchalantly. "...just the only different is, I will get to know my mate this year".

"Oh, right..." he smiled small. Then for a few seconds, he was quiet. "...must be exciting, eh?" he added. Unlike before, his tone was a lot softer this time. I meant, sure he talked very softly before, but this time, it was softer. It sounded like as if he was whispering in the really thin air. "...you're belong to someone else".

"Huh?" I confusedly asked. 

"Nothing..." then he smiled. 

Like I had said before, Dr. Christopher was a mixed of a vampire and a witch. And to have a mate, he had to look for one for himself and mark him or her. Of course, since all of the werewolves in the community where he worked in were all had been destined with their own mates, he couldn't pick one to be his significant other. It was, after all, prohibited and against the rule. His mate should be a real ordinary human, fresh and never had been marked by any other vampires before. 

And for someone as beautiful and charming as him, I bet it wouldn't hard for him to grab an attention of some guys or girls in the city. 

"And do you have find someone you like?" I asked after a while. 

"Yeah, but destiny doesn't work that way..." he answered with a small giggle. "...apparently, that person isn't mine. And it's not my right to take other's belonging. Maybe, when I have some free times, I will go lurking in the city to hunt some boys..." he laughed. "...to make him as my mate, of course".

I chuckled softly. 

"Well, I hope you'll find him soon...". Though, I was a little bit jealous when he said that actually. But, for an obvious reason, I knew I couldn't have him too. We were different. We weren't made for each other, and that's for sure. "...and I hope you'll have a beautiful life with him..." I added, a small smile had been forced on my lips. I seriously liked him though. 

"Thanks..." he said with a small sigh, and for the final time, he wrapped a wire gauze on my wounds, his eyes on me, before he suddenly leaned in to kiss my cheek. For a moment, I was left stunned. "...it's nice to know you, Colleen Winter Ryan..." he then whispered as he rubbed his thumb on my cheek. "...I love you, so much, and it's a shame that we can't be together...".

And for once, I'm certainly mad...mad at fate because it was breaking two people apart who had been actually in love.