Good News...

My head was aching, and so did my throat. Slowly opening my eyes, I'd realized that I wasn't somewhere at home. This room was white, too white, and the strong smell of medicine was lingering in my nostrils. For a second, I wondered if I was alive, but then, when a familiar male's voice reached into my ears, I quickly turned towards the direction of it. 

"Henry".

"Oh, glad you're awake, Cole..." he sighed and smiled small. He walked towards me and he helped me to sit up. "...you're fainted at the family's gathering".

"Oh".

Henry then got me something to eat, and, suited to his choice of profession, he took care of me really well thought we're barely known each other. He kept feeding me, until I told him I'm already full enough. 

"Want a drink?" he offered nicely. I nodded small, and he quickly fetch a glass of water from the bedside table. "...careful..." he said as he drew the brim of the glass closer to my lips. I took a few refreshing sips, and after I'm finally done, he carefully wiped my lips with his thumb. "...are you okay now?".

"A little bit..." I smiled small. 

He sighed softly. Underneath my lashes, I noticed the way his eyes were darkening as he stared at me. I meant...darkening, but not in some kind of bad way. They looked dull, sure, but it was heartwarming, or at least it was to me.  His face, in the other hand, though it looked calm, I could tell that perhaps, he badly wanted to know. He's aching to know what Kyle had done to me from my own mouth. And my thought had been proven right when suddenly, he started.

"Do you still remember when I told you that I'd overheard Jack and Steele's conversation?" he paused to have a good long stare at me. He wanted to make sure I knew what he was going to say, so I just nodded my head. "...well, after that, I forced Jack to tell me everything. Though he refused at first..." he added with a small chuckle. "...but you know, that kid needs to--".

"Are we going talk about this again?" I interrupted suddenly. I'm not in the mood, but Henry didn't seem to understood it perfectly. Called me rude, or anything, but sometimes, there was some part of our life that we didn't want someone to invade. Sure, Henry was acting too pushy right now, and it's definitely made me angry. 

And, I heard him sighed. 

"I'm just trying to help, okay?" he said gently. "...I understand that if you're scare to tell this to someone, but I'm here to help. I'll listen to whatever you're going to say, just please..." he then paused to hold my hand. His skin was warm, and for a second, I felt I was in heaven. It's been too long since I'd never get any comfort from anybody before ever since I'd moved in with Kyle--and the thought of it somehow brought tears to my eyes. "...you have to get it out of your chest". 

I cried. 

Maybe he's right. I had to get it out of my chest. I had to.

~x~

Henry paid his full attention when I started to talk though. And when he touched a fresh bruise on the back of my neck, I felt like I wanted to just broke down into his arms and cried. 

"And he's with someone else..." I said as I sniffled softly. Henry kept rubbing the back of my hand, and the way his warm eyes looked into mine made me felt safe, nonetheless. The memory of looking into Kyle's cold eyes made me felt scared and trapped--like I was in some kind of prison--as he hit me brutally. This, however, was the type of comfort I needed. "...a girl from the other pack. She isn't nice at all though".

Henry chuckled softly. 

"What do you expect from a bitch anyway?" he said. And upon hearing that, I giggled too. "...she stole Kyle from you though".

I shrugged. 

"They had been dating ever since Kyle and me were mated anyway".

"And she should leave".

I glanced at Henry for a few short second. 

"Maybe they are just really in love".

And at that, he was silent. He didn't say anything after then, and I took that as a chance for me to calm down. It was already too much. I didn't want to talk about Kyle and Mia, or Jack and Steele anymore. 

"Come on, take some more rest..." he said finally. 

~x~

Henry felt asleep on the couch at the far end of the room. He looked peaceful though. Sometimes, I would caught the way his dark brows would scrunched up tightly--and it making me wonder what he was dreaming about. I stared at him, for a few more seconds, until suddenly, someone knocked the door. 

"Come in..." I said weakly, and soon, Doctor Christopher stepped in. He smiled hugely. 

"Feeling better?" he asked, taking a seat next to my bed. 

"I'm good".

Doctor Christopher wrote something on his clipboard. Often times, he would shifted his glances to smile at me. Indeed, he was really sweet. Of course, with a blush was now creeping on both of my cheeks, I smiled too. And he would laugh timidly at how awkward I had looked, and I couldn't help but looking away in embarrassment. 

"You're so cute..." I heard he muttered under his breath. He ruffled my hairs--turning it messy--and laughed adorably. "...such a gem".

"Germ?" I then stupidly said. "...t-that's not nice". 

"Idiot..." he then replied as he laughed. 

I let Doctor Christopher wrote in peace. He checked me. Twice. And when he's finally done, he put his clipboard away and he leaned his torso on the side of my bed. For sure, since I had a crush on him, it's making me shy like a schoolgirl. 

"...want to hear a good news?" he said softly. He locked his eyes with mine, and I looked into it as I nodded my head gently. Gosh. Weren't those eyes pretty? They seemed to stare right into my soul, my heart, my entire body...I kept falling in love with this man, and it's almost making me insane. 

"W-what?" I asked, faltering. 

He looked at me, and he smiled again, but it seemed to be forced as he said, in a hush tone; "Congratulations. You're pregnant".