Rejection

After I got back from the toilet, I noticed that Cole was shifting on the bed slightly. He was mumbling something I'd barely hear, and his eyes were fluttering to open. Quickly making my way towards him, I then grabbed his hand --- his sweaty, trembling hand --- only to be clenched so tightly as if he's going to burst it. His expression however, was clearly showing that he was totally in pain. I'd also noticed that there was a small bead of tear felt down across his cheek as he was whimpering softly like a puppy.

"What's wrong?" I asked frantically; cold sweat of panic already dotted my forehead. I didn't know what had happened, or what I supposed to do. I'm definitely clueless, so, without further ado, I yelled out calling the doctor to come over.

"What happen?" the doctor asked worriedly as he quickly made his way towards the bed where Cole was lying on. And, though I knew he wouldn't mind me that much since he was busy trying to calm Cole down, I'm still talking nonetheless.

"H-he suddenly acts like that..." I said, words couldn't come out properly from my mouth as I watched Cole underneath my close inspection. He started to breath heavily, and I became more and more panic when he started to scream as loud as he could as if he was possessed. My lips turned shaky. "...w-what's happen? What's wrong with him?" I asked through sharp intake of my breath. "...what's wrong?!".

The doctor then sighed heavily.

"In this case, it's a normal thing, Alpha..." he replied as he watched a few nurses came towards us to help calming Cole down. He was acting out of control with the way he was moving around on the bed and kicking his legs into the air as he kept screaming loudly. "...he is traumatized".

What?

"...a submissive werewolf usually has a deep connection with their unborn child. So even before you know, though he is asleep, Cole basically already knew that he had lost his child..." he explained as he kept glancing at Cole who was now already gradually calm down. He didn't scream anymore though, but this time, he was crying softly. "...and for some people, losing a baby is like losing your entire hope and strength. And obviously, Cole is one of those people. So, even after he wakes up, I can't guarantee that he will be perfectly fine. Perhaps, he'll be also falling in deep depression, extreme sadness and probably, uncontrolled angriness".

I stood frozen on my place, my breath became rapid as I stared at Cole's face which was now already drenched in tears.

"W-what should I do?" I whispered shakily.

"Always be there for him. Make sure he knows you're always care for him. Motivate him and all..." the doctor then added with a soft sigh. "...and the most important thing is, please don't leave him alone. You'll never know what he will do if he's alone".

I nodded my head slowly.

In fact, I always did that.

In the blink of an eye, I officially had ruined the life of Colleen Winter Ryan; my mate, and the carrier of my pup. Not only that he had lost our baby, but he'd also had falling emotionally sick. I had done too much damage on him --- both inside and outside --- and for a second, I actually wondered if he would live normally ever again after this. He was ruined. His whole life had been ruined just because he was mated to me.

I swallowed a lump of saliva built inside my throat.

"When he can come home?" I then asked, tears already prickling at the brim of my eyes. For some reason, I definitely couldn't wait to come back home with him. Surely, though I didn't fall entirely in love with him just yet, but the idea of treating him like a princess excites me. I wanted him to forgive me so we could start a new chapter all over again.

But would it be that easy?

Of course no.

"If he's awake by tomorrow morning, then he can go back home by the evening..." the doctor said.

Cole was now fully calm. His breath had gone back to normal, but I still could hear his soft sob and whimpers. With slow and steady steps, I then walked towards him before I grabbed his hand into mine again. And thankfully, this time however, he let me hold it. I kissed the back of his palm --- the smooth skin brushed against my lips like silk.

"I'm sorry..." I said. I took my other hand towards his hairs and I smoothed the blond locks down, brushing through the soft and sweaty strands as gentle as I could. "...I'm really sorry, sweetheart..." I added, surprised to notice that his cries had now stopped.

Behind me, though I'm too lost in my own world, I'd realized that all of those nurses and doctor were now long gone --- leaving me alone with Cole who was still laid unconscious on the hospital's bed.

I watched him, everything about him which I didn't even notice before. Wherein the way that pale and soft skin looked shining underneath the dazzling light, or the way those black lashes brushed against his cheek, or the way that pretty lips parted every time he wanted to take a deep sharp breath.

Honestly, it looked so pretty, so beautiful and pink. And I wondered how it would taste like...

I wanted to kiss it.

Slowly climbing on top of the bed, I then straddling him. I watched his chest moving up and down in a steady rhythm, soft whine escaped from his lips as small tears felt from the brim of his eyes.

He looked beautiful, too beautiful to be true.

But because of my hatred, I didn't even realize it. I am such a fool not to notice how lucky I am to have someone as perfect as Cole, and I really regret it for it.

Then, brushing his cheek with my thumb, I leaned down to kiss him. I pulled his head up by his chin to deepen the kiss, my tongue wetting his lip for a split few second before I poked it into his mouth and moaned slightly. He tasted sweet, yet, not even before I could proceed to suck on his tongue; a tiny hands pushed me by my chest.

"Get off me..." he said weakly. Those dark orbs were staring into mine, and it almost looked dead.

For a second, I stuck. He didn't say anything anymore after then, but when my mind had finally grasped what had happened, I quickly got off the bed and looked at Cole's face.

He's awake.