It's a Small Talk

Last night, I had a nightmare. It was really scary, horrifying, and I couldn't even breathe upon the realization of how real it felt. And that's when I finally woke up in the morning; my hurting body was sweating, and my bones were shaking so hard--like a lone leaf in the summer. 

And, as I'd expected, Kyle was no longer in the bed. Perhaps, he had been gone since last night...right after he was done with me--right after I'm fainted due to the unbearable pain. 

"Honey, are you awake?" my mother asked as she softly knocked against the tightly shut door. Quickly getting out of the bed, I ran over to my closet, picking up my baggy hoodie and pants to instantly cover myself up. These bruises and cuts on my skin shouldn't be seen after all. "...I'd prepare some porridge for you".

"O-okay mom, thanks...." I managed to breath out as I heard my mother slow footsteps making her way back into the kitchen. "..I'll be right there soon..." I then added--my horrible reflection in the mirror somehow already caught me off guard. 

My face looked incredibly miserable. I'm seriously looked like a mess, and for a second, I wondered where was that confident and strong boy whom I used to know. It felt so different after all. Like I was reborn again. But only far, far more worst that I felt like I just wanted to die. Far more worst than it was before, despite of the fact that I'd always thought that fate was something so beautiful. 

Turn out, I was actually wrong...

~x~

"Look, the Alpha's bride..." Cassandra teased mischievously as soon she saw me walking weakly into the kitchen. My body felt weak, and the only thing I'd ever wanted to do right now was to just sleep the tiredness away. Yet, I knew I couldn't do that. My body couldn't take anymore torture if I decided to skip hunting today. "...how is it?" she asked again with a small excited giggle. The topic was supposed to be fun...or exciting for some reason. But apparently, never once did I smile when Cassandra brought it up into my face. It felt like hell, and I never want to talk about it. Like, never. 

"Good..." was my only answer.

My mother served me a bowl of steaming porridge and a cup of coffee. Beforehand, I used to be the first person who would shoved the food down into my throat without even thinking twice. It was nice anyway, yet, right now, my appetite wasn't even there. And, just like a statue, I only stared down at it impassively. 

Sitting across me, was my father. I knew that, though I wasn't looking, I knew he was looking at me. He didn't talk much, nor did he asked me anything about my life. After all, he was always the ignorant one. Once, I remembered that I complained to him about those kids that used to bullied me at school, and he only told me that I should handle the problem myself...like a man. And yeah, often times, I would asked myself that; was he embarrassed to have me--a weak, pathetic little fuck as his child? After all, he was the strongest Omega in the pack. 

And the sound of him clearing his throat woke me up from my long thought. 

"I had a talk with Kyle's family this morning..." he announced. Unlike my mother's, my father's eyes were always the coldest. Nobody even dared to look straight into it whenever he talked, and so, I kept shifting my gaze every time I accidentally gazed into the blue orbs. And I shifted slightly when he brought up the topic about Kyle...just hearing his name made me felt out of breath. "...and both of you will move in together tomorrow. It wasn't big, but the house is pretty comfortable. We'd seen it".

Instinctively, I nervously swallowed the lump of saliva in my throat. Of course, it's a bad news for me. I didn't expect my father to kick me out from his house this sooner after all. 

"B-but, I'm not ready yet..." I managed to stutter out. 

He sighed heavily. 

"You always say that..." he said, sipping his coffee. "...you often tell me that you're not ready--to almost everything. And then, when those kids beat you up, or when life gets too hard on you, you come complaining to me, to your mother, to your siblings. But, do you want to know what's actually wrong?" he paused as he looked at me intensely. "...the problem is you. You're not ready. And how long should we wait till you get ready? How long should we wait till you get ready to face your fear and stand for your own? Never. You never learn to grow up anyway. You're just a spoiled little brat who never face anything in your life...".

Wrong. 

"...you never try to solve your own problem".

Wrong. 

"...you always run from your own problem".

Wrong. 

"...you're always complaining, over and over again".

True, but that was long ago when I knew that you would never care anyway. I'm a boy with full of secrets now. I'm the one who sheds his own tears when I felt too tired to bear it all alone. I'm the one who always make up a lie and tells everything's alright...even when it's not. 

"Darling, stop pushing him..." my mother interrupted suddenly. I felt her soft hand clutched my shoulder gently, and for a second, I felt comfort. It's the only thing I really wanted right now anyway. 

"I'm not pushing him. I just want him to be an adult, that's all..." my father huffed. He quickly finished his cup of coffee, and my mother poured into his cup some more. "...he and Kyle are finally mated. What is there more to wait?" he then added. 

My mother sighed heavily. Knowing my parents, I knew that this small talk would somehow ended up in a heated argument. My father, after all, was never the one who listened to my mother, and so did my mother. They always disagree with everything, even over a small matter like what's for dinner. 

"Just give him time, okay?" she paused and she glanced at me for a second. She seemed hesitated anyway. "...Kyle can visit him here if he wants". Oh, and I doubted that, of course. Next time I meet him, I guess that I probably would already been buried six feet under. 

My father clicked his tongue. 

"And what do you think this house is made for? For sexual reason?" he said as he rolled his eyes away. 

"They didn't necessary had to have sex".

"Yeah, but still".

"You always think something negative, aren't you?" my mother sighed. 

"I'm not".

Running my fingertips along my forehead, I breathed out deeply. I knew my father was right. I am mated. I had my own mate even if I didn't like him. I should start to take care of him now--like how my mother did to my father. Yet, I'm not ready. Not at all. But, if my father wanted me to move in with Kyle, then I simply had to obey. After all, if agreeing to whatever he was saying could make him think I definitely was already an adult, then I had to. I had to obey. Whether I like it or not. 

"Fine, I'll move in...". A smile quickly brought on my father's lips. Well, at least he's happy. 

"Honey, are you sure?" my mother asked softly. "...you don't have to agree to almost everything your father said, okay?".

I smiled. 

"Yeah..." I answered small. "...I'm sure..." though, what I felt deep inside was actually the opposite. 

P/S: Okay. Cole's father is an asshole, I get it