Jaden x Male! Dead! Brother! Reader x Brother! Aster - I Still Love you

(I suggest reading Haou x Male! Reader, Aster x Male! Brother! Reader and Jaden x Male! Reader before reading this)

The wedding of Jaden and Jesse was a happy occasion. There was laughter and banter. Nothing malicious or horrible was at this event. Everyone was happy, their sins forgotten.

Their friend forgotten.

No one saw the ghostly figure standing alone by the banquet table, watching with dull eyes as people laughed and chatted, eating and drinking. This was the event they had all been looking forward to, the day that their best friends could be married.

Wasn't he one of their friends too?

It hurt to see that Aster was here, laughing along with everyone else. He looked around. He hadn't moved from the table in a while. Maybe he should.

M/N took a step forward, and he felt as light as air as he slipped in and out of the crowds, even though they could not see him anyway. He made his way over to the head table, where Jesse and Jaden sat in a passionate kiss. M/N watched for a moment, wondering if it ever could have been him sitting at that table, six years on from their graduation.

Blood still stained his Slifer uniform. He hadn't aged. That's what hurt him. He would never get to know if he could have found someone better than Jaden. He would never know if he could have become a duellist that could one day rival his brother. He would never know.

He walked over to Aster next. Aster, who looked so grown up with his silver hair tied back and his pressed silver- grey suit with a black tie. He looked so happy with Zane's arm wrapped around his waist. He envied his brother. He had a lover and a life. M/N had none of those things.

His ghostly fingers brushed against Aster's sleeve, tugging at it like a child wanting attention as tears bubbled up in his eyes and spilled down his face. His mouth moved but no sound came out as Aster remained indifferent to him, just like he had for six years.

Soon, Aster moved away, and M/N was left to disappear in the crowds as Jesse and Jaden walked onto the dance floor, holding each other's hands and smiling. M/N wanted to feel that kind of touch. He wanted to know that kind of love as he watched them glide over the dance floor.

His view was cut off by a sea of people moving forward to embrace the happy couple. He watched them all laugh and smile, and looked down at his tattered shoes before sinking to the ground in tears.

"Did my life...Mean nothing?" His voice was quiet. He hadn't spoken in six years, "Did I...Not matter to them? Did I not matter to him?"

The tears were endless, creating an invisible puddle below him.

"Yet why do I still love you?"