Dumon x Male! Barian! Dying! Reader - Last Breaths

"M-M/N..." Dumon leaned down, resting his forehead against his lover's, "Oh, M/N..."

"D-Dumon..." M/N's shaky hand reached up and cupped one side of the Barian's face, "I..."

"Don't speak," Dumon was struggling to keep a hold on his calm demeanour. It was slipping away like the blood from M/N's frail body, "Just...Stay awake, okay?"

"Y-You..." M/N wanted to say something, anything, that would wash away that look of horror and panic in his lover's usually emotionless grey eyes, "O-Okay..."

"I know it hurts, M/N, but you have to hold on, just for a little longer."

The pain was excruciating. M/N could barely stay awake. One hand clung to Dumon's shirt, and the other was intertwined with Dumon's hand. Occasionally, he would whimper or moan in pain, but he stayed silent as Dumon continued to speak to him.

"Don't worry, M/N. All the pain will go away once Mizar and everyone else gets here. We'll take you back to Barian World and you'll be healed. I promise, they won't be long now."

"D-Dumon..." He knew what was happening. Somewhere deep in his soul, Dumon knew it too. He was just refusing to accept the truth, "I...I need to t-tell you s-something..."

"No, M/N. Wait until we get to Barian World." Once again, Dumon cursed the fact that his Baria gem was so badly damaged that he couldn't even send  M/N back to Barian World alone.

"N-No...D-Dumon..." M/N slipped a hand around the back of his lover's head, and brought his face down until their lips met. Dumon returned the kiss , doing his best not to hurt his beloved even more.

"I...I l-love...You..." M/N's dull E/C eyes slid close. Dumon's eyes, however, widened in shock.

"M...M/N?"

No answer. There would never be an answer.

"Y-You...You're joking, right? Come on, wake up."

He shook his lover gently, trying to awaken him. When he didn't get a response, he started to cry, hot tears trickling down his cheeks.

"M/N! Please! Wake up!" He pulled the cooling body against his chest, his pleads for revival turning to screams of agony, "WAKE UP! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME! PLEASE, M/N, WAKE UP! I LOVE YOU TOO!"

When the other Emperors finally arrived, they found their leader, crumbling under the pressure of loss, cradling their comrade's body in his arms.