Zane x Male! Cyber! Reader (Pt2) - You Don't Know

M/N stared at Zane with curious eyes. Well, curious eye. His new eye didn't show any emotion. It was practically a pane of glass.

He stared at the professional duellist asleep by his side. Zane. His one true love, his last hope. Though he'd assured him over and over that he loved him, M/N was finding that difficult to believe.

He stared at the mass of wire and metal that was his new left arm. It was ugly. It defiled him even more. His right leg was the same.

Ugly, filthy metal limbs attached to his flesh.

He pressed his half-metallic face into his hands. He groaned, his remaining eye welling up with tears.

Ugly. Filthy. Defiled. Burnt.

He spared a look at Zane's sleeping, slumped form. Did he feel shame? He'd condemned him to this new life. Why didn't he just let him die?

"Why didn't you let me go?" M/N whispered.

Death would be so much better than this.

M/N saw it, not too far away. It must have clattered from a medical tray, but the way it seemed to glow in the moonlight made it difficult to understand how someone could loose something so damn bright.

He could reach it. He could grab it with his human hand. He could not let his filthy robotic fingers defile the thing.

He managed to take it into his hand. He ran his thumb along the blade, drawing a pinprick of blood. M/N smirked. Yes, this would do nicely.

He raised it up to his face, lining it up with his remaining eye. It glittered as the moon shone its light onto him, giving him hope for the first time in a long while.

"Zane..." He cast one last look at his slumbering lover, "I love you too..."

He plunged the scalpel deep into his eye. It all went black the moment the machines around him started to go crazy.

It was in the news the very next day. M/N L/N, Obelisk Blue student of the infamous Duel Academy, had committed suicide shortly after receiving a new operation that replaces most of the human body with robotised parts.

He was the first one to receive the operation. His suicide was likely the cause of the stress and trauma the fire had caused him.

During his later autopsy, it was found that the new robotic parts of his body were close malfunction, and M/N would've have died soon anyway.

The person who started the fire was never found.

The operation was never performed again.