Kite x Male! Brother! Reader - Disagreement

"Why won't you join me, M/N?"

M/N eyes narrowed into a glare. Kite wished he could look away. He hated that look. He always had. It didn't look right on his sixteen year old brother's features.

"You know why, Kite."

"But-"

"What you're doing is evil," M/N folded his arms, and his glare intensified, "You know it just as well as I do, Kite. That man is using you."

"This is the only way we can cure Hart!" Kite shouted suddenly, startling his younger sibling, "M/N, don't you love him? Don't you hate seeing him suffer?"

"Of course I do!" M/N fumed, "But there have to be other ways! Please, Kite. Look at this differently. Can't you see that they're lying to you?"

"Even if they are, at least I'm trying to help our little brother!"

"This isn't helping him! They have a bigger plan, Kite. You're just another playing piece."

Kite hated how mature M/N sounded at that moment, like he was the older brother.

"...M/N, you've left me with no other choice."

"What?" M/N unfolded his arms and stared at his older brother, dumbfounded, "Kite, what the Hell do you mean?"

Without warning, Nistro grabbed M/N from behind, one arm around his neck and the other around his abdomen. He held a syringe in his right hand, and stabbed the needle into the boy's neck.

M/N's eyes widened in pain. Dextran appeared, and slid her hand over his mouth to muffle any noise he would make.

"This was for the best, Kite," Dextra spoke as Nistro injected the rest of the poison into M/N's veins, "Now, he'll be completely under Mr Heartland's control. He'll be the perfect Number Hunter."

Kite watched emotionlessly as M/N drifted into unconsciousness. The only sign that he felt anything for his younger brother were his clenched, shaking fists.

"Done." Nistro dropped M/N to the ground, and stuck the empty syringe in his pocket.

Kite walked over, and knelt down. He lifted his brother into his arms, and stared down at his sleeping face.

"Kite! We have to go!" Dextra called from the helicopter. Kite nodded, but made no move.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled sadly. He kissed M/N's forehead, and carried him over to the helicopter.

"I'm sorry that I didn't save you."