Astral x Male! Ghost! Reader - Take Care

He knew the moment he drifted in Yuma's home that he wasn't the only spirit that lingered in its walls.

It was a boy who looked about sixteen, with messy H/C hair and bright E/C eyes. He wore a Heartland Academy third year uniform, only the front of the white shirt was caked in blood. To any human that could have had the ability to see him, the boy actually looked quite frightening.

Maybe it was his smile that had first tempted him.

The blue spirit was observing Yuma as he slept when he first felt the presence beside him.

"I suppose you are the lingering soul that roams this house?"

He spared the boy a glance, who was smirking at him.

"Yeah, I am. And you are?"

"I am Astral."

"Astral, huh?" That smirk stayed on his lips, "I'm M/N."

"Why are you here?" Astral was trying not to look at the boy's bloody shirt.      M/N shrugged.

"Beats me. Trust me, I've tried looking for the light and all that crap, but nope. Nothing. So here I am. You?"

Astral bowed his head.

"I remember nothing of my past."

"Ah."

Their gazes travelled to Yuma, who was snoring loudly.

"You with Yuma?"

"I suppose."

M/N'a teasing smirk transformed into a tiny smile.

"Good for you."

Astral turned to question M/N, but he was gone. Not in a shower of sparkles. He didn't walk through a wall. He was just there, and then he was gone.

"M/N..?"

M/N waited three weeks to make another appearance. Yuma and Astral had almost been defeated by Kite that day, and Astral was depressed. He hovered beside Yuma, lost in thought.

"Hey."

M/N's voice made him jump.

"M-M/N!"

The boy smirked at him. He was sitting cross-legged in the air, his arms folded.

"You don't seen too happy," He tilted his head to the right, "Something wrong?"

"We almost lost our Numbers today. To a Number Hunter. Kite." Astral mumbled rapidly. They sat in silence for a few minutes, and then he heard M/N sigh.

"Kite Tenjo?"

"Y-Yes! How did you-"

"He was my best friend."

Astral noticed the 'was' and assumed that M/N hadn't seen Kite since his death.

At least, Astral had assumed that he was dead.

"Astral..." The blue spirit gave M/N his full attention, "Kite's a good guy. He's just dealt with a lot for a guy so young. Me dying might not have helped either."