Vector x Male! Dead! Brother! Reader - I'll Always Be With You

(Italics are for flashbacks)

"You've taken your last life, Vector!" Nash pointed his sword at the insane prince, "It's time for you to pay for your crimes! You'll die, just like Marin!"

Vector chuckled at the king's words. He still didn't understand. He still didn't get it.

"No. You'll die, just like M/N!" Vector's grip on the hilt of his sword tightened, "Or do you not remember him?"

"W-Who? Who is M/N?"

Vector's anger, and insanity, intensified. He didn't remember! He honestly didn't remember killing him!

"You...You really don't remember..?"

"Do I look like I remember?" Nash snarled, preparing for a fight, "Get ready to die, Vector! I won't let you escape!"

Vector's purple eyes glazed over, and he started shaking. Tears gathered in the corners of his eyes.

"You don't...Remember..? You don't remember...Killing him..?"

"Vector?"

"Yes, M/N?" Vector's cheek was resting on his younger fraternal twin's hair. M/N's head was resting on his shoulder, and he was smiling softly.

"You'll never leave me, right? We'll always be together, right?"

"Right!" The seven year old prince nodded wildly, smiling brightly. His brother laughed, and hugged him suddenly.

"W-Why are you hugging me?" Vector's cheeks were red with a bright blush.

"For being the best brother ever, you idiot!"

Vector stumbled away from the bodies. Blood followed him in his stride.

He'd killed them. He'd killed them all. He could hear them now, moaning in agony, their ghostly fingers reaching out to tug him down to Hell with them.

He would fight them, he decided, as he descended the stairs. Their spirits reached him, grabbing onto his limbs, dragging him, kicking and screaming, into an abyss of darkness.

If only his precious M/N was still here...If only he was still here with him...Like he promised...

"Is Father alright?"

M/N walked in, walking straight up to Vector's side. His twin linked arms with him, another sign of their affectionate bond.

"He's...Stable."

Meaning: He's dying, but I don't want to hurt you with the truth.

The twins' mother smiled at them. She had always been proud of how close the two were. Most brothers would have argued mercilessly over the title of future king, but M/N and Vector had never let that come between them.

"My sons..." She walked up to them, and smiled lovingly at her children, "The messenger from the next kingdom has arrived."

Vector smiled at his mother, and then turned to his brother.

"I'll see you later."

Vector rubbed his forehead with a grunt. He looked around. That presence...It had felt so familiar. If only he could figure out where it had come from...