Quattto x Male! Barian! Reader - Sacrifice

"M/N!" Quattro was opposite his lover, staring at him with heartbroken crimson eyes, "Why?! Why did you betray me?!"

M/N flinched. Betray. It was a word that cut deep.

"Forget him, M/N," He felt his older brother, Reginald, or Nash, place his hand on his shoulder, "We have more important things to do than play with this fool."

"And you too, Reginald!" Quattro turned his attention to M/N's brother, "You dragged M/N and Rio into this! Why are you doing this?! You aren't Barians!"

"We are Barians, Quattro," Nash said, struggling to control his anger as his grip on M/N's shoulder tightened, "And we are enemies."

Quattro growled, and activated his Duel Disk.

"Then duel me!"

"M/N, stay out of this."

"Nash-"

"No!" Quattro turned to M/N, and his gaze softened a little, "You'll be duelling too, M/N."

M/N sighed. As he activated his Barian Battle Morph, he thought back to the first time he had met the crimson-eyed Arclight.

M/N was patiently waiting outside the operating theatre. His older sister, Rio, had almost died in a burning warehouse, and was currently in surgery. His brother, Reginald, had gone to the bathroom, probably to cry without looking weak in front of his younger brother.

M/N looked to his side to see a young male a few years older than him leaning against the wall. His right eye was bandaged, and he was staring at the ground, looking incredibly regretful.

"Hey, kid."

M/N looked up with a frown. Who was he calling a kid?

"What are you looking at?"

M/N narrowed his E/C eyes into a glare.

"Certainly not you."

The male scoffed. He got up off the wall and put a hand on his hip.

"You're a brat, aren't you?"

"And you're a bitch."

They had a strange, but rather intense, staring match for a few moments, before the teen burst out laughing. He reached out his hand, a slight trace of a blush on his tanned cheeks.

"The name's Quattro."

M/N stared at the outstretched hand for a few seconds, before chuckling and accepting Quattro's hand.

"I'm M/N."

Quattro clutched his side and gasped for air. Nash's last attack had injured him badly. He looked at M/N, hoping to see any trace of the boy he loved, but he saw nothing. Only an emotionless mask on the Barian's face.

"M/N? Please..." Quattro stopped for air, "I miss you..."

"What were you thinking?!" M/N whispered angrily. Quattro shrugged, swinging his legs from his perch on M/N's window frame.