Hart x Male! Barian! Child! Reader - Similar

M/N sighed, sitting on the grass, staring at the setting sun. Another day of waiting patiently for his older brother to return.

Mizar had promised to return. He said he'd defeat the 'imposter' and come back to him. But he'd not returned for almost a week.

"Oh, hi!"

The young boy looked behind his shoulder with dull E/C eyes. A boy with blue hair stood behind him, staring at him worriedly.

"You're...A Barian, aren't you?"

"Yeah..." At least, he hoped he still was. He couldn't sense his powers within him anymore, "Who are you?"

"I'm Hart," The boy sat down beside him, "Why are you here?"

"I'm waiting for my brother." M/N said bluntly. Hart smiled a little at that.

"I've been waiting for my brother too." He said sadly, looking up at the dying sun.

"...Who's your brother?"

"Kite Tenjo."

M/N vaguely remembered Mizar mentioning a 'Kite Tenjo' in one of his angry rants.

"What about you? Who's your brother?" Hart's golden eyes glinted with curiosity.

"...Mizar."

"Oh..." Hart turned away, his gaze falling to the floor, "He's a Barian too, isn't he?"

"...Yeah."

The two children sat in silence for a few moments, before Hart sighed.

"I miss Kite."

M/N stared at Hart curiously, before averting his E/C gaze.

"I miss Mizar."

Hart looked up again. The sky was orange, streaked with pink clouds. The moon was a faint shadow in the distance.

"I wonder where they are now."

"Hm..."

"Maybe they're watching us now," Hart said enthusiastically, "Maybe they're waiting until they can come home and see us again!"

M/N stared at the blue-haired boy in surprise. He saw himself in this boy. He saw a sad, lonely little boy who wanted his big brother. It was almost like someone was holding a mirror to his soul.

"Yeah!"

"HART!"

"M/N!"

The two voices pierced the silence of the dusk air. The two children jumped to their feet as two familiar figures raced down the path.

"KITE!"

"MIZAR!"

Both sets of brothers met in the middle, the older embracing the younger. Hart hugged his brother tightly, and M/N did the same.

"It's okay now, Hart. I'm home."

"There, there, M/N. It's alright. You're safe now."

Kite and Mizar shared a look, and smiled knowingly.

Kite carried Hart towards Heartland Tower, the younger' legs wrapped around his waist as he cried into his chest.

Mizar carried M/N towards the old Kastle mansion, holding the young boy like one would a baby, soothing his cries all the way.

Their temporary deaths had brought about a new friendship, born from a single similarity.