Yuma x Male! Depressed! Reader x Shark - Far From Fixed

"Useless."

The knife made another cut on his left wrist. Blood trickled out, making a red path on his skin.

"Pathetic."

Another cut, slightly deeper than the last, was placed beside the one he had just made. More blood spilled out, making a small, dark mark on his bedsheets.

"They don't love you."

This next cut was placed across an older scar, a injury he had inflicted only three days ago. The wound reopened, making him hiss in pain, but then growl at himself for showing weakness.

"Why should they love you?"

He severed the skin on his wrist again, and tears started mixing with the blood. He bowed his head, and placed his knife on the sheets beside him.

"M/N?" A cheerful voice called out in contrast to the depressing aura of the room, "It's me, Yuma! And Shark's here too! We wanted to see if you're okay!"

M/N gasped, and grabbed the small knife. He raced over to his desk and shoved it into the top drawer. He then grabbed his bedsheets and flipped them over, leaving them on the clean side. He sat back down on his bed, wiped away his tears, pulled down his sleeves to hide the fresh cuts, and plastered a fake smile on his face.

"I'm up here!" He shouted, surprising himself at how happy he sounded. He heard footsteps on the stairs, and Yuma burst in, throwing himself on top of his lover.

"M/N!"

M/N laughed quietly, and hugged Yuma back.

"H-Hey, Yuma."

Shark walked in behind him, and smiled. He walked over, and sat down on the bed beside the two.

"Looks like my two favourite people are having fun without me." Shark said with a chuckle. Yuma reached up and pulled Shark down.

"Then join in, you dope!"

M/N smiled. Only here, in the presence of his two lovers, did everything feel alright, even if they didn't really love him. But that happy illusion was shattered when he felt a hand curl around his injured wrist and pull it up.

"M/N! Your arm!" He struggled to a sitting position just as his sleeve was pulled down to expose weeks of work.

"I...You...M/N?" Yuma, the one who had uncovered his scars, was uttering meaninglessly, eyes as wide as saucers, the tips of his fingers coated in blood, just like the inside of his sleeve.

"M/N, what is this?" Shark's hand was shaking as his fingers intertwined with M/N's. M/N refused to look either of them in the eyes. He hadn't wanted them to know. They'd just pretend to worry.

"M/N, why are you doing this?"

"I..." M/N cursed himself for seemingly forgetting how to speak.

"Why..?" A tear trickled down Yuma's cheek, and then another, until two torrents of tears were tumbling down his face, "Why are you doing this,      M/N? What could possibly push you so far that you'd resort to...To...To this?"

He didn't know what to say. Why were they going this far to fake their love to him? Or...Were they really...Being serious..?

"M/N, why didn't you tell us you were hurting?" Shark leaned over, his hot breath fluttering against M/N's ear. He shivered, but still didn't speak. He wasn't going to spill his secrets that easily.

"M/N?" Yuma suddenly grabbed his lover in a hug, his arms wrapped tight around M/N's shoulders, "It's okay. It's going to be okay. We'll help you get through this, won't we, Shark?"

Shark kissed his cheek, his fingers running through his H/C hair.

"We will. We're so sorry, M/N. One of us should have noticed something was wrong. But it will get better. We won't let you go through this-M/N?"

The dam had broken. He was hunched over, tears falling down his face like the rain. He had believed...That they didn't care...That they didn't really love him...Had he been wrong? Was that it?

"That's right," Yuma hugged him tighter, "Let it all out. We promise, nothing will ever get this bad again. We'll make sure you never feel awful enough to hurt yourself again."

M/N buried his head in the crook of Yuma's neck, clinging to him like a lifeline with his free hand. Shark kept his hold on his other hand, and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, pulling him into his side.

M/N was far from fixed, but at least it was a step in the right direction.