Vector x Male! Barian! Wolf! Reader - Banishment

(Art belongs to its rightful owner)

Screams of agony echoed in the woods, bouncing off tree trunks, sending every animal fleeing as the noise took on an inhumane sound.

Only one did not flee.

An young boy with carrot-coloured hair and bright purple eyes sat high in a tree, seated on a thick branch. He watched in horror as his beloved slowly morphed into a smaller, bloodied wolf, with H/C fur and soulless E/C eyes. Only one thing made it truly different from an Earth wolf. The jagged crimson crystals jutting out of its ankles, and around its neck.

"M/N..." The Barian Lord whispered, staring down at the Barian Wolf.

To have the ability to transform into a 'Barian Wolf' is known as a curse. Years ago, they were either killed or cast out into the human world. Now, views had (Mostly) changed, and Barian Wolves had been accepted into society.

But that didn't mean that they had control over their wolf counterparts.

M/N was one of the unlucky few who had no control over his wolf abilities. The urge to consume other Barians, to kill, to ultimately destroy, had gotten him cast out of the world of chaos, and thrown into Earth.

Vector visited him. There was no way he was going to let a petty banishment stop him from seeing his lover.

He just never thought that he'd be visiting him when he finally transformed.

He wanted to call out, to scream his love's name from the tree. He didn't care if it got him torn to pieces. At least he would be with his precious M/N.

He watched as the wolf limped through the field, nose to the ground, sniffing out prey. M/N actually caught something too, a grey-furred rabbit, that he bit into without a moments hesitation.

It shocked Vector what the curse could do to his lover, who was normally so gentle and sweet. He wanted him to turn back, to become the M/N who he had fallen in love with.

It happened. It took sitting in a tree for three hours, avoiding the wolf completely, and watching him chew through at least five rabbits, but it happened. With a howl of pain, the H/C-furred wolf started to transform, growing taller and more humane as it went. Vector could finally leap from his tree perch, and gather M/N in his arms.

"M-M/N!"

"V...Vector..?" Exhausted E/C orbs opened midway, staring up at him. Vector sighed in relief, and smiled.

"You're okay."

"Wh...What happened..?"

"You don't need to know," The Barian Lord's lips grazed his beloved's forehead, before capturing his lips, "I'm just glad your safe."

He lifted the smaller male up bridal-style. M/N smiled at him, nuzzling into his chest and, eventually, falling asleep.

"Thank you," Vector whispered to whichever Gods had heard his silent pleas, "Thank you for bringing my puppy back to me."