Yuri x Male! Brother! Reader - Issues

"Look at him!"

"He's such a freak!"

"I bet he'll become just like Yuri."

"He was glaring at me before. Should I be worried?"

"His brother's insane. I heard he beat a bunch of Xyz soldiers to death."

Lies, M/N concluded, all lies. Sure, his older brother had a...Strange personality, but he wasn't crazy. He dug his nails into his arm as he walked as fast as he could across the academy's campus towards the dorm he shared with his brother. He hoped Yuri wouldn't be there as all he wanted to do was sob into his pillow until he fell asleep.

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on his side as his brother was waiting for him, sitting on his bed, watching him with those inquisitive eyes.

"M/N," He said softly, "I heard what they said."

He was shocked. Yuri had heard? He'd heard every spiteful word? He dropped his bag and tears started to roll down his face. With a sad look in his usually bright eyes, Yuri opened his arms and he threw himself into his brother's embrace, sobbing.

"Hey, shh, shh..." Yuri smoothed down his H/C hair, muttering soothingly into his ear, "It's okay. I'm here. I've got you."

"I-I...I just want it to end, Yuri!" M/N cried, burying his face in his older brother's jacket, "I hate it...I hate being strong all the time! I...I just...I want it to stop..."

"I know you do, M/N..." Yuri's eyes flashed as he recalled the sneering face of every brat that had dared to speak ill of his younger brother, "I swear...Everything will be okay now."

The older of the two brothers pulled away with a bright smile.

"How about we have a duel? No duel disks, no holograms, no high stakes, just a mat and our decks. How about it?"

M/N sniffed and wiped away his tears, offering his brother a small smile.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks, Yuri, you're the best."

Yuri simply smiled and ruffled his younger brother's hair. He would do anything just to see that smile. It was what kept him going. It was what kept him alive in this horrible place.

M/N was his everything, and he would never let anything happen to him.