48 I SOMETIMES

-A YEAR LATER-

I'm Keelian Samuels and I'm awaiting the arrival of mine and Leonardo Sanchez's love child.

Well, not a human child, to be fair...In two weeks we're adopting a labrador puppy.

And no, I'm not a Rat undercover, living in Pretorium; I'm simply a high-schooler from Chicago, Illinois, USA. As much as it was hard for me in the beginning, as the effect of my not-so-mild concussion wore off, memories of my actual life started to reappear until I could recall everything— from my childhood to my early teens, and to right now. I was finally able to take in the whole picture and realize that I am just a girl with a vast imagination who is far too invested in a video game. There's no billionaire to mourn the death of, no company to run, no crazy sister to keep an eye on in the actual reality. Well, I still have a sister but she's nowhere as crazy as what she was in my dreams.

It's just me, my friends and my boyfriend Leonardo. And, of course, my mother and father that are, in fact, absolute sweethearts.

"Cheers to the future parents!" Jessica screams, gulping another shot. We shouldn't be drinking but who cares? This is something worth of celebrating. "I can't believe you're adopting a pup, Keely. That's a huge responsibility!"

"I can." I reply and a smirk appears on my lips. I stroke Leonardo's back as we hug and a knowing smile is exchanged in-between us which to me is a promise for a great future together.

Even though it could've been amuzing for the others to know about my dream, I decided to instead cherish it and be the only one to keep the secret of this unforgettable life where murder, hatred and love are only breaths away from each other, and are free to be felt and done by anybody.

A life where I am a citizen of a futuristic country that goes by the name of Prehalia, in which everyone has nine lives when they're born and where people are being categorized into different cities depending on how many lives they have left.

A life of a girl that goes through hell and comes back alive, only to establish herself as someone and sit on a place she never thought she wanted.

A life of an inheritor that loves a boy by the name of Leonardo Sanchez, who killed his parents and received wealth beyond his imagination.

A world full of surprises and twists that always seem to have affected Keelian Samuels. Now, she, I know the reason for that.

"Should we go for a round of Adventures in Prehalia, guys?" My boyfriend shouts and everyone nods and screams 'yes' in reply. This game has become our favorite thing to play whenever we have nothing else to do and nowhere else to go. "Keely, want a hand?" Leonardo gives me his arm and I use it as a support to lift myself from the couch. "Ouch, ouch." He hisses and I let go of him immediately.

"What is it, did I hurt you?" I start examining his arm and scowl soon after. It seems more than okay to me. "Are you about to be an ass again?" I ask with a warning in my voice.

"No, it actually hurts. See right there, yeah, my fingers. I can't move them."

I take a closer look at his veiny hands only to have his index finger push my nose up. "Oink."

I step away, completely taken aback by how childish he's being again. "Are you for real?"

"Yep." He replies with a popping sound, happy by the fact that his trick worked on me just as always. I never learn but for the Keelian from Chicago this is more than okay. I smile and punch him playfully on the shoulder.

"How are you supposed to become a father if you still play pranks like a ten year old?" I suddenly start fuming and sit back on the couch.

He sighs and throws himself right next to me. Leonardo takes my hand and his grey eyes stare at mine. "I'm sorry, alright. I'm trying my best not to be this childish, but you're just so easy to trick." His mouth spreads in a heartwarming smile. The very one which made me fall for him. "Besides, we're talking about a dog here, not an actual child. I think I'll be able to handle it even if I act childish." He presses his lips to my ear. "Oink."

"Okay, do you want me to kick you, or not?" I warn, "If it's the second one then you might want to reconsider making fun of me continuously."

"I'm sorry, babe." He finally says and cupping both my cheeks, he leans in and kisses me. "Do you want to know why I always cup your cheeks whenever I kiss you?"

"Yeah." I murmur, but the answer already lingers in my mind.

"It feels like holding the entire world in my own two hands. You're my world. You and our future puppy."

"And do you know what I always associate you with?"

His left brow springs up. I grab the piece of hair that hides it and move it away with my fingers. "The Sun."

"Why is that?" He whispers and touches his hand to mine when I continue to stroke his dark locks.

"Because you're so bright that I can't look at you, yet you're so beautiful that I wish I could stare at you forever."

"Keelian. That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." His voice wavers and he plants his lips on the top of my forehead. I close my eyes calmly and wrap my own arms around his sides. He feels like safety. And then, a sudden laughter escapes his lips. "And here I thought you associate me with the Sun because I look fat."

I move away in pretend disgust, but a snort escapes before I am able to stop it."I don't know how this would be relevant when you're as thin as a stick. But-" I continue and it grabs his attention. Inching closer to him, I put one hand around his neck as I whisper the next words. "Your ego is definitely comparable to the size of the Sun. Go get that checked."

I start giggling immediately after and look at his stunned expression. "I never thought you'd be so sneaky, Keelian. And I'm the one getting scolded for acting childish." He starts shaking his head in disbelief, but I can see in his eyes exactly how proud he is of my sass.

"Hey, the love birds! Are you playing or not? I'm taking the main character if you don't come quickly!" Jessica shouts from my bedroom and we proceed to get up.

Walking hand it hand towards our friends, Leonardo Sanchez turns around to face me and with a smug smile that I'm well used to, he says, "I prefer having an ego as big as the Sun, than my jokes being bad enough for even the Sun to hide in embarrassment." He winks and I kick the back of his leg. We both laugh at how stupid this eternal battle is— just when you think you've won, the other person strikes back and turns it around.

"Are you always such an ass when you're in no position to be one?" I ask, my hands folded in front of my chest.

"Do you always kick your boyfriend and label it as a sign of love?" He fires back, putting air quotes around the last part of the sentence.

I know what I should say next and I do so gladly, with a giddy smile on my face.

"Sometimes."