27 I BLOODSTAINED LETTER

Leonardo didn't expect for things to go the way they did. He knows far too well that Keelian is scared of him and he never thought, even in his wildest dreams, that she would almost lose control over her desires. Not that he's complaining; he's always contemplated over what it would be like to be with her again and now as he enters his own bedroom and leans on the door that closes abruptly behind him, he can feel his cheeks heat up and his already feverishly high temperature become even higher to the point of him sweating profoundly. With a few swift movements, he gets rid of the clothes on the upper part of his body and throws himself on the soft mattress, his cushiony cold bed sheets spreading all around him, providing him with the comfort he so often needs.

Right now, though, he realizes that even his bed is nothing compared to being in Keelian's arms. He groans frustratedly and throws a pillow over his head in impossible attempts to forget how he felt when Samuels touched him ever so gently and carefully, as if he's easily breakable, as if she was handling something precious and not making out with a man who menaced her on multiple occasions and is the reason why she's a part of this mess. If it hadn't been for Leonardo who pushed her off the edge, she could've stayed safe and sound in Pretorium: the rich popular girl that he remembers from back in day. The selfish but soft teenager that he fell in love with.

"Leonardo, you're such a dumbass. Stop imagining things." He murmurs to himself, his voice still muffled by the pillow over his head.

He tries to pretend that it never happened; instead of overthinking everything that went down with Keely, he simply decides to ignore that it ever occurred in the first place. He has always rid himself of the emotions with the help of this simple tactic.

Some may say it's pathetic, but for Leonardo it's only a way of survival.

When he tucks his long body under the sheets, he gulps the lump that's stuck in his throat.

After all, Sanchez also has things to protect.

He tosses and turns in his bed, where he usually finds the most peace, but now, the moment he closes his lids the events of earlier this night replay painfully slow, only to leave him hanging for what never happened in the end. Disappointment and embarrassment scream in Leonardo's mind and all he can do is pray that maybe, just maybe he'll get some sleep. It's a big day tomorrow and he can't be exhausted.

"Oh, right." He jumps from under his sheets and awkwardly stumbles to his jacket, retrieving Keelian's phone, turning it on and unlocking it, sighing in relief at the realization that just as always she doesn't have a passcode. He opens her message box and finds what he's looking for in only mere seconds as it's the newest notification. He deletes what he sent so foolishly earlier that night with one swipe. What he should do next is turn the phone back off and slip it into Keelian's things the following morning before she has woken up but the curiosity that he so much despises gets the best of him and he finds himself scrolling down her inbox.

He isn't searching for information, he couldn't care less about that, but instead something far different. His eyes stumble upon a message from Keelian's friend Casey that is already over a year old.

He taps the box open only to reveal a photo of all of the girls in a café that he vaguely remembers from before and a text asking Keelian to go out with them. He doesn't think much of it but then his eyes skim over the date once again. Could it be?

It's the same day that he asked her to come to the barn.

She dropped her plans to come see him?

Even while they were dating, she always used to leave Leonardo behind whenever she had a meeting with her girls but when they weren't a thing anymore, she suddenly put him before them. Why?