42 I HELL

Jessica watches as Troy Lex and his right hand Price try to fit in with the posh ambiance inside the Grande salle from her safe spot right outside the place, sitting on the outer frame of the giant window. When she and Lex were discussing the plan, he protested on having only his and Price's lives on the line but at the same time he knew that making Jessica enter would risk having too much attention on them as she's a Samuels daughter, so the three of them decided it was best to have her narrate the operation from somewhere where she wouldn't be seen.

So they snuck up a ladder the night they heard about the event from one of the servants named Emily, and that's how Jessica was able to mount to her advantageous spot. It's indeed a pretty good place to surveil the entire room, or at least the part she most needs to keep her eyes on and that's the stage at the front. The only part that she can't do anything about is not hearing the conversations that are being led on the inside. The windows are tightly shut as her mother probably ordered to have all of the air conditioners on for the day. It's a smart move to hide the noise from unwanted ears, but Jessica expects nothing than the best from a monster like Elisa Samuels.

She should thank her mother for being this harsh, actually. If it wasn't for her lacking love towards her two daughters, Jessica and Keelian wouldn't have been so close and it wouldn't have been so easy for Jess to stab her older sister in the back when the right time came.

She curses under her breath. She should've just killed Keelian when she had the chance back in that house in Traum, but her confidence wavered, as well as her hatred and she just couldn't bring herself to finish her off so easily. She wanted to keep her sister alive for just long enough to replay the events of this night and torture her own mind, the way Jessica knows she always does when something happens.

This time, though, as much as her hands itch to be the one who kills Keelian, she must let the boys do the dirty work for her, just like she was doing her older sister's in hopes to regain her full trust after she got caught while bribing Leonardo.

The constant static sound in her earphones is suddenly exchanged by speech. It's Lex.

"Be ready."

Jessica takes in a deep breath and concentrates her vision on her mother and father who stand on the right end of the scene with the usual stone faces. When her eyes fall on James, the harshness of her own expression softens. Her dad is the only person she wishes wouldn't be a witness to what's about to go down, but as much as she wants to protect him, she knows he should suffer, too. If not for being a bad man, than for being a Samuels.

The line once again crackles to life."It's starting."

Jessica rolls her eyes at the information. She can see well enough on her own to realize that her mother is mounting the steps towards the stage. Lex and Price sometimes threat her like an idiot and she doesn't particularly like it.

When Elisa is standing in front of everyone, the other rich men and women start clapping in pretend respect. Jess huffs at the familiar two-facedness, but still keeps her eyes firmly glued to her mom, only taking quick glances at the crowd in hope to locate where her two accomplices are, but has no luck in doing so.

Instead of them, though, she finds the disheveled black locks that she'll never not recognize. Leonardo Sanchez. Jess takes in a deep breath as the warmth that she tries to avoid spreads all over her body.

Here's another reason Jessica hates her sister: she's undeniably in love with Leonardo and Keelian stole him away from her.

Jessica takes another glance at the boy sitting on the far right, on the last desk and another blush creeps onto her sun kissed cheeks. She's been watching the boy for almost two months and up until now he hadn't felt her gaze even once.