4 I SWEET REVENGE

He is in the hallway when he hears a loud bang coming from somewhere around the corner. Suddenly nervous, the palms of his hands becoming sweatier with every step he takes towards the direction of the sound. He wants it to be her. He prays for it to be her.

Without knowing it, his lips part in a smile that spreads more and more until it hurts. He wants to stop himself but he can't. This is his chance to kick start his plan.

He ultimately decides that he doesn't have to see if it's her. He knows her well enough to take on another strategy.

He stops right when he's about to turn the corner, taking a quick glance at his wrist watch.

Ten, nine, eight, seven,

Kids start pouring out of the classrooms.

Six, five,

He starts moving through the crowd. The door is only mere meters in front of him.

Four, three,

He knows that she always leaves first, the moment she hears the school bell ring, she's out of the door.

Two, one...

And just like he hoped for, Keelian Samuels gets to the entrance of the school first. She looks exactly like he remembers. Dark waves that stop abruptly at the small of her back, pale skin that is nowhere as flawed as when she started off in high school and those eyes, those dark, dark eyes that have him tremble in excitement to see her snap in two.

He hates her.

Yet he wants her.

She has always been his kryptonite.

He grabs her wrist, his skin even paler than hers, looking stark white in comparison to the blood stains on her sweater. He smells it right off the bat. The vanilla and the tinge of sweat that she always tries to cover up. He also recognizes the fear as it radiates in waves off of her. She's scared of him.

Leo is almost disappointed at how easily bendable she has become. She used to be strong. Proud. Merciless. And now she's just a ragged doll that had her strings cut off.

He leans in and takes a breath, his thin lips spread into another smile as she starts shivering under his touch. From this close up, he can see the freckles on the side of her nose and the constellation of tiny moles that delicately cover her left cheek.

She doesn't dare to move. Her hand is still frozen at the handle of the door and trapped in his grip.

Oh, how much he has missed her.

How much he has wanted to touch her. Break her. Kill her.

As his whispers the words that he knows will mess with her sanity, he doesn't give himself time to watch her take it in. He can't let himself do that or he will never want to stop.

He leaves as soon as he appears and he knows that this is the way to make her scared the most. The human brain doesn't like surprises. Especially hers.

As he runs out of the school from the back door and lights up a cigarette from a pack that he hides in his inside pocket next to his knife, he thinks about his next move as he always has.

He was created to terrify and he has no intentions of disappointing.

When he's done with his cigarette, he throws the butt in the near bin and is too engulfed in thoughts about Keelian to realize that he's once again tearing the skin under his right thumb with his teeth.

He remembers when she first nagged him about it. It was the beginning of the end, it was the day she had her birthday. The day she turned seventeen.