36 I COLLISION: FIRST TO TOUCH

After the breakfast, there's a formal lunch and a formal dinner as well.

I can't help but feel exhausted being this often around my parents and especially Elisa. Her stoic presence brings me the unwanted migraine, that I used to get only from my antidepressants.

I sit on my bed and Leonardo throws himself as well, laying his head in my lap. I slap him lightly on the cheek but he only smiles with his eyes closed.

The good thing about living in a giant house is that you can always have whoever you want in your room and nobody will know. Not that my mother would mind. After all we're simply a daughter (that she treats like a trash) and a son to her.

"It's been only a day and I'm already tired." Leonardo murmurs and runs his fingers through his thick dark hair. I wish I would let myself do the same, but my hand won't move. It still feels awkward. Being so relaxed around him, that is. How can it not be? Only two days ago he was what I thought to be my biggest enemy.

"My thoughts exactly." I reply and shake my head, "I can't believe how things are going. I feel like my life is turning into one big joke."

"It's kind of funny if you think about it, actually." He says and smirks just as he always does, "You're like the modern Cinderella but with a twist."

I snort the way the beautiful princess that he just compared me to would.

"What's the twist? Prince Charming is her ex-boyfriend, her brother and her biggest enemy?"

He hums, thinking it over, "Well, pretty much. Lucky for you I'm not actually your brother."

"Why lucky?" I roll my eyes and knock on his head softly, "I'd call myself lucky if you weren't in my life in any shape or form."

"Ouch." He answers and I shrug my shoulders, mentally patting myself on the back for my smartass answer.

"Sorry for being truthful." I continue, the sudden confidence of coming up with a biting reply being reflected on my words.

"No, no. Not that. It hurt when you hit my head." Leonardo sighs in what I am supposed to believe is pain, but the twitch of his upper lip tells me a different story. Still, my newfound confidence deflates like a balloon that got popped by a pin.

I exhale slowly, trying my best to swallow my defeat once again.

"I'll beat you at your own game someday, I promise you."

"You're still nowhere near as sarcastic and not as big of an ass compared to me," he nods proudly, "Watch and learn, peasant."

I throw the closest pillow at his smug face.

"I like you better like this." I comment, as he doesn't even make the effort to remove the fluffy thing off of his face. "You look way more handsome, too."

He finally grabs it and the artificial lighting in my room hits his pale skin again. A mischievous glint jumps excitedly in his grey eyes and a playful smile is on his lips. I guess my expressions says it all, because he laughs.

"What were you saying about me looking better with my face hidden?" He winks and I pray that I don't get a nosebleed while he's still laying on me, "I don't think I believe you, sis."

"If you call me this one more time, I'll literally suffocate you with this pillow."

He stands up in seconds and hugs the fluff close to his chest. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm not risking it."

"I wouldn't either." I scoot closer to him and whisper in his ear, "I'm kinda crazy."